Is it worth buying the Bond 50 blu ray set?

edited December 2012 in Merchandise Posts: 20
Just after some general feedback to see if its worth the upgrade. I already own all the special editions from the early 2000's. Is it worth the investment for the step up in picture quality and added extras. This is more to help me to convince my wife to let me spend £100 on something I already own.

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    If you really value the bluray picture upgrade then yes.

Otherwise no - it's exactly the same discs as already available and the new extras disc is literally not worth the 1 calorie I burnt carrying it back from the shop.
  • For picture and sound quality, I'd say yes. If those things don't really interest you, then no, it's probably not worth the money.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I'm so close to buying this - I don't have the special edition DVDs (except for DN and FRWL) so question about the commentaries/making ofs - which ones are the most interesting or informative?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I've watched about half of the films in the Blu Ray set, and I have been blown away by the high definition picture and sound, especially the older 60's films . On Her Majesty's Seceret Service frequently looks stunning.

Is it worth the upgrade? If you already have the Ultimate Editions and a decent up scaling DVD player, then, I would say it is. Having all the extras on a single disc, as well as the better quality, and the nice book-esque packaging, make it an all round great buy.

The extra disc of "extras" is pretty pathetic, though.
  • Mallory wrote:
    I've watched about half of the films in the Blu Ray set, and I have been blown away by the high definition picture and sound, especially the older 60's films . On Her Majesty's Seceret Service frequently looks stunning.
    Completely agree with you about the quality of the images and sound! They are stunning!

• Is there much difference between the extras on the special editions dvd's and the blu ray in the box set?
    They are the only set of Blu Ray Bonds i own. Going on what i have seen? I would say yes! :-bd