Changes in Craig's Bond Characterization

2»

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2012 Posts: 11,139
    @002 SF is a continuation from the CR and QoS timeline. We're not going to witness every single mission Bond has been on. Obviously SF takes place a considerable amount of time after QoS. It's really not complicated.
  • Re: the DB5. My take is that it's the one that Bond won in CR. I assume that he had it customized himself, perhaps with the help of Q branch. As said, when you see his reaction when it's destroyed it's obvious he loved it and had a history with it.

Yes, it's a nod to the past but it doesn't mean that it's supposed to be the same one from GF. Like when Craig's Bond jumps on the back of the Komodo dragon - he isn't thinking "I know how to get out of here - I'll do what I did with those alligators back in '73!".

The one thing that *does* mess it up was that they couldn't get a proper right-hand drive DB5 for CR. But that's a production issue and to be honest I'm willing to let it slide. I think of it as a continuity issue, much like Bond's jacket alternating between being buttoned and unbuttoned in the same scene in DAF. At worst it's distracting but I won't let it ruin the story for me.
    As said, when you see his reaction when it's destroyed it's obvious he loved it and had a history with it.

Yes. It was also obvious from Silva's face that he knew exactly what he was doing by ordering its destruction. I loved both their reactions.