Never Say Never Again

edited December 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 47
What do you think is it realy dad bad ? do you like the movie ?
I think NSNA is severely underrated, simply because its not an EON production. Once you let your pro-Brocolli guard down, you actually realize that this is a good film, despite having against it pretty much an industry that has perfected the Bond formula over the years. Its got Connery at his best performance as 007 since TB, the best femme fatale in the series, and the best Bond villain of the 80's by one of the best actors to ever be associated with James Bond.

Comments

NSNA was rather disappointing, I suspect especially for Connery fans like me who rejoiced at the notion that he would be tackling the role of 007 again. As others have noted, the score is horrendous (although I see Chrisisall thought the title song was "very good" - wow!), some of the action is lackluster at best (the motorcycle chase is a real dud), and there were some really lame moments like the video game competition (although it must be acknowledged that video games were huge in the 80s and the producers were obviously trying to capitalize on their popularity). Here's what I liked about the film - Connery was just as charming as ever playing Bond and I'm glad the fact that Bond was aging and a little rusty as a Double O was acknowledged; Largo is very well-played by Klaus Maria-Brandauer; I love Barbara Carrera's energetic and sometimes hilarious turn as Fatima Blush; and I enjoy Bernie Casey's solid performance as Felix Leiter (my name is a tribute to that character). So to sum up, NSNA is a somewhat disappointing, but still worthwhile entry in the world of Bond, better than a half dozen or so of the "official" Bond films but the score sucks it lacks the bond theme.
    I thought it was ok, but i have to say that i was taken to the cinema way back in 1983 to see this and i was thinking why have they remade "Thunderball?" I have to say that year i enjoyed "Octopussy" far more.
  • Never Say Never Again is very underrated. It may not have been the best Bond film, but it was fun to watch Sean Connery as James Bond again.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

Please continue in the thread as linked above.
    Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.