Stargate

edited November 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 10
Are here any stargate fans ? Who else liked this show and what stargate tv series you like best.

Comments

Stargate Atlantis because Wraiths are cool. The plot and the scenario of this show was amazing. The way it started and the way it developed took my breath away. Amazing actor skills are one of these things.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, let's see...

SG1 had a better cast (season 1-7), but the "planet of the week" formula got a little boring after awhile. Seasons 8-10 were kind of boring. If the show had ended with Lost City, at the end of Season 7, it would not have bothered me in the least.

Atlantis had a slightly better plot, and definitely better special effects. The space battles in Atlantis can hold their own against those in the Star Wars movies. The greatest disservice to Atlantis was that they didn't extend the series finale, Enemy at the Gate, into two parts. It needed to be two parts.

Universe had a decent cast, decent plot, decent special effects, it just moved along at a snail's pace, which, sadly, is probably why it got cancelled. If only they'd pushed the plot along faster, we might have seen at least 5 seasons of that, too.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    I remember when the first season of SG1 was on. I caught it from time to time and thought it was just ok. Then I caught the cliffhanger ending of season 1. 'Hey, that was pretty good.'

Some months later the season 2 resolution to the cliffhanger was on and I made a point of watching it. Towards the end of the episode they are on the big pyramid ship, trapped, and it's going to blow up or something. Someone asks what happens now.

Master Bra'tac says, stoically, 'and now, we die.'

Jack O'Neil just looks at him for a bit and then says, 'Well, that's not a very good plan."

In that moment I decided I liked this show very much.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Jack O'Neill: "Does this look like the face of a crazy man?"

He points to Teal'c's hilariously serious face.

Jack O'Neill: "Okay, bad example."

From my favorite episode of the franchise: "Window of Opportunity".
    Really enjoyed the film and the original tv series. Could not get into Atlantis or Universe. Surprised that there have not been more movies though?
  • I've never seen the show but I loved the movie. I saw it in the theater when it first came out and became obsessed with it. I even had all the action figures...

I should probably give the show a watch, I just haven't gotten around to it.