NCIS (TV Series 2003– )

edited November 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,107
who else like and watch this series.

Comments

• Who doesn't like Gibbs and his fenomenal rules and DiNozzo 's taste in movies ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Ten years and still going, so something must be right.
    Exactly my sentiments :-) .
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Great show, amazing characters that better never be killed off.
    Kate's hit me hard.
    You can't help but love Abby, Tony, Ziva, McGee, Gibbs, the whole crew. It still holds up after all these years.
  • NCIS is easily the best cop drama on Tv right now. Great characters, intresting stoylines, and who doesn't love Gibbs! Great show!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I used to watch it, as well as NCIS Los Angeles. Highly entertaining both of them.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,808
    I do watch NCIS, every friday evening on M6. My favourite: Abby, of course. But Ducky is also a fav of mine.

BTW, what would you get if you dressed up Ms. Sciutto in Edwardian clothing ?

Downton Abby, of course !

Slightly related to Bond: In the episode with the rocket belt, in the french dub, Tony said that he tried to interest McGee to the boni on the "Thunderbirds" DVD. Was it a case of mistranslation, and did Tony said "Thunderball" in the original version ?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Gerard wrote:
    I do watch NCIS, every friday evening on M6. My favourite: Abby, of course. But Ducky is also a fav of mine.

BTW, what would you get if you dressed up Ms. Sciutto in Edwardian clothing ?

Downton Abby, of course !

Slightly related to Bond: In the episode with the rocket belt, in the french dub, Tony said that he tried to interest McGee to the boni on the "Thunderbirds" DVD. Was it a case of mistranslation, and did Tony said "Thunderball" in the original version ?

I don't think he did. I know the moment you are speaking of, because up to when Tony said Thunder- I thought a Bond reference was coming.
  • Tony does reference Bond a LOT though. Even when he was dying of the plague. :))

Anyways, I LOVE NCIS. It's one of the only shows I watch anymore. My fave characters are Tony and Ziva (though it's hard not to love everyone on that show)
    Possibly my favourite show.
    I have not seen a single episode from either series? Odd as i do like this sort of thing?
    I've seen the "Jet Pack" episode last night, and Tony really says "Thunderball". The translator heard it wrong, that's all. On the other hand, the guy who did the subtitles heard it right.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Gerard wrote:
    I've seen the "Jet Pack" episode last night, and Tony really says "Thunderball". The translator heard it wrong, that's all. On the other hand, the guy who did the subtitles heard it right.

You need a picture.
  • I always thought he said Thunderball. Then again, I automatically thought of Thunderball, so I figured Tony did too.

He makes a From Russia with Love reference in an earlier episode as well (he pictures Ziva dressed as a gypsy)

:D

:D

Nice :D
  • Anybody see the newest episode? I don't want to spoil anything (since I can't get spoiler tags to work for some reason), but I did like the Dr. No reference and was a little sad Tony didn't get to make a comment about it.
    Press the 'spoiler' button and type your text in between the tags.
  • Yeah I've tried that and it doesn't work when I hit "preview". Sometimes the img tags don't work either. I don't know why.
    Previewing it doesn't work for me either but posting the comment does. Post in the Feedback thread, the admins may be able to help further.
    Cote de Pablo is leaving NCIS after this upcoming season wraps up Ziva David's story:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/07/10/cote-de-pablo-to-leave-ncis/2507223/
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    As long as they don't kill her off ...!
    I don't catch the show often any more, but it was good when I used to see it. Happy it is still doing well in the ratings.
    I don't catch the show often any more, but it was good when I used to see it. Happy it is still doing well in the ratings.

That is my exact view on the matter. They had better not, as it is not only unnecessary but also a cheap way to get ratings, and I respect the NCIS team too much to think that they would do such a thing. I always wanted Ziva and Tony to end up together.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I still remember being upset when they killed Kate off.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 498

That is my exact view on the matter. They had better not, as it is not only unnecessary but also a cheap way to get ratings, and I respect the NCIS team too much to think that they would do such a thing. I always wanted Ziva and Tony to end up together.

ME TOO.

I'm so sad about Ziva's departure. I really liked her, especially how she and Tony interacted with each other.
    If they did kill Ziva off, honestly, it would just be bad writing. They could easily just send her back to Israel. NCIS has a history of killing female characters (*spoilers* Kate, Jenny, Cassidy, Lee, and just recently Jackie) so killing Ziva would be just... well, bad writing. Unneccessary and stupid.

I'm also worried about how they're going to go about replacing her. I never liked Kate and find it hard to watch the old episodes, so I'm worried that I'll lose interest in the show if I don't like Ziva's replacement.

Here's to hoping they'll at least give the Tiva fans something definitive before she leaves.