"Ultimate" Bond Henchmen and Sacrificial Lamb list

edited November 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 136
Hello to all, I have been working on a list of all of the main Bond henchmen and sacrificial lambs, and I think this is just about right, though I'm still not to sure on a few. Feel free to reply if you think anything should be changed.

Henchmen:
* Professor Dent
* Red Grant
* Oddjob
* Fiona Volpe
* Hans
* Irma Bunt
* Mr Wintt and Kidd
* Tee-Hee
* Nick Nack
* Jaws
* Jaws
* Locque
* Gobinda
* May Day
* Necros
* Dario
* Xenia Onnatopp
* Mr. Stamper
* Renard
* Zao
* Alex Dimitrios (?)
* Elvis
* Patrice (?)

Sacrificial Lambs:
* Quarrel
* Kerim Bay
* Jill and Tilly Masterson
* Paula
* Aki
* Campbell
* Plenty O'Toole
* Rosie Carver
* Andrea Anders
* Fekkesh
* Corrine Dufor
* Lisl
* Vijay
* Sir Godfrey Tibbett
* Saunders
* Sharkey
* Dimitri Mishkin
* Paris Carver
* Robert King (?)
* General Moon
* Solange Dimitrios
* Strawberry Fields
* Severine

Comments

• Whoops, this isn't news. yo huys can move it if you like.
    MaxRebo120 wrote:
    Whoops, this isn't news. yo huys can move it if you like.

YOU can change it. Click edit on the very first post and change the label.
  • Yes. Not news, but something between Bond movies and Bond actors (no such area for Bond 'characters' ?)

I think you're mostly pointing out what most will already be aware of though

Lynd and Di Vicenzo were the only girls in the first list who didn't survive in their respective movies and maybe could of been included in the second list ?

I'm watching Skyfall again tomorrow but still don't quite remember Severine getting killed from the first time, although to everyone else she did not survive. Will have to pay a little more attention to that next time !
  • Thanks. I removed the Girl and Villain part, seeing how those are too mainstream. Still, the other two have been brought up from time to time, and I feel the need to pu tthem all together.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @MaxRebo120

between Tee Hee and Baron Samedi.. i would say Tee Hee..

Samedi really didn't do much but laugh and fall into a coffin of snakes... Tee Hee did much more, especially at the gator farm and his fight with Bond at the end... Samedi i viewed as more of a lackey.
  • Yeah, I've always thought so too. Baron Samedi is more of a Mr. Osato type character, who does some dirty work, but doesn't get into a whole lot of action.
    For LALD, I would definitely say Tee Hee. He was Kananga's definitive Right Hand, and had lots of things to do during the movie, unlike Samedi, who didn't have as much screentime, and was so shifty and shady that we almost don't have enough proof to say anything about him. Plus, Tee Hee was important enough to actually come back after his employer's death and fight 007 one last time.

For CR, I'd say Alex Dimitrios is a good choice, but not the best. I think the main guy here is Stephen Obanno. Since both Mollaka and Carlos worked under him, so that eliminates their rank importance. Then there's Kratt, Le Chiffre's bald-headed, scarred Right Hand guy who got next to no screen time, so much so that his name isn't even mentioned in the movie once (props to the QoS game for including him in a boss fight on the Barge level though!). Then there's Gettler, and you could use him I suppose, but Le Chiffre was already dead before he came into the picture, so he's more of an average Quantum guy, not necessarily a henchman to anyone except maybe Mr. White.

For YOLT sacrificial lamb, I'd say Aki, since this category is really supposed to include those who are an ally to Bond. The villains' deaths are not really sacrificial, since they are not performing an act of service, and we kind of want them to die, hahaha.

For the GE sacrificial lamb, I'd say Russian Defense Minister Dimitri Mishkin. Let's face it, the guy smelled a rat with General Ourumov and might have let Bond go on more solid evidence and put Ourumov under investigation had he not been so cruelly shot down by him.
  • Thanks a lot! I still think I'll keep Alex for now though. Just something about him makes him seem "henchmany".
    MaxRebo120 wrote:
    Thanks a lot! I still think I'll keep Alex for now though. Just something about him makes him seem "henchmany".

Hahahahaha, I like the term! Very fitting! I'd like to find a way to incorporate that into everyday life, hahaha!
  • 'Henchmany' ?

Has the title of this changed since a last visit, but I'll say now 'ultimate henchmen' would have to be off hand, Donald Grant, Oddjob, Wint and Kidd, Nick Nack, Jaws, Dario, Onatopp, and that's about it right now, just some immediate names that came to mind. Does this seem like a duplicate thread even, but there you go
  • No, it is a list of all of the main hanchmen and sacrificial lambs in the Bond films, and I needed some help on deciding on who to choose.

Oh, and thanks. I've gotta use the term more too! B-)