Actor Royalties after Salaries

edited November 2012 in Actors Posts: 65
Not sure how this works, but do all the prior Bond actors collect any share of royalties for movies after their tenure? For example, does Sean collect a percentage of Skyfall admissions given the fact that he was the original 007? Just curious.

Comments

• oo7oo7
    No, he was contracted to be in the films and paid. I believe he negotiated a heavy deal for DaF and of course NsNA
    I'm not sure if they still receive royalties for the films they appeared following profits made from DVD sales etc?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I'm not sure if they still receive royalties for the films they appeared following profits made from DVD sales etc?

Showings of their films on TV is another thing I've wondered about. They could well earn money from that too.

But for the question at hand, the answer is no. You make your films, collect your money and move on.
  • I've heard that Connery requested a deal similar to this during his original tenure, as he felt the success of the series owed a lot to him, and that he hadn't been fairly compensated on a film-to-film basis. IIRC, David Picker at UA pressured Eon to give Connery the deal to keep him happy, but Broccoli & Saltzman flatly refused.

I may have read this in Cubby Broccoli's autobiography, or it may have been the EVERYTHING OR NOTHING documentary. I've been going through a bunch of "behind-the-scenes" Bond material lately, so it's all blended together.
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    As far as I am aware, when a film is premiered on tv, an actor gets a percentage of their original fee. Back in the day, it could be as much as 60% of the original fee.

I mean actors get payed for reruns on tv like in dramas.

I am not sure if it applies to Bond actors but I would imagine they got something for a tv showing.