New Members, Read the Rules, Please.

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited November 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,635
I know that my thread will be closed in a few minutes, but I wouldn't get hurt without trying it.
All right. I'm Brazilian and I like this Forum, it's the best Bond forum i've ever entered. It's glad to see that everyone here, the people that frequents the place around here, is hospitable, gentle, and most of all, respectful.
But After this new troll @0007007 start to get - obviously - trolling around the MI6, I've got quite stressed out with the attitudes of some of these new members that starts a discussion without even first get to read the rules. I'm not the most perfect member of the MI6, but I'd like to have some consideration and peace in the place that i like to share my opinions, POV's and facts about Bond, and not a messed up place with those childish new people who are trying to make attention whore and, unnecessarily, getting useless posts for themselves to increase the post counting.
I'm not blaming the moderators or administrators for not taking care of it - they make their best how They can - but I am Tired - and I know that I'm not the only one - of seeing these new members around here, making posts or threads lacking respect and/or consideration.
Not every new member should be reading this, as there Really are the new ones who respect the rules and come here to share the opinions about Bond.
But please, Every new member. Read the rules. Search for the thread before posting a New one, surely there are many topics around here and people that you'd like to discuss with, and the topic you might want to talk about already exists. Search before posting it. Please, No bad language. Please, don't fight or offend anyone. Do be careful and nice, and the other will also be nice with you.
Trollers, get out of here please, this is not the place for you. The mods will be glad to take you out.

Comments

• Sorry, mate. Didn't mean to offend.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sorry, mate. Didn't mean to offend.

He isn't talking about you, mate. You haven't caused any issues here. He is referring to some very recent troll with multiple accounts.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Sorry, mate. Didn't mean to offend.

He isn't talking about you, mate. You haven't caused any issues here. He is referring to some very recent troll with multiple accounts.

Thanks, Brady.

Exactly, Jim. If you just joined up, do be welcome to the forums. You don't need to get offended with the things i've said above, if you didn't do anything wrong. There are other people around here that just want to troll around and call attention, and i see that you aren't anyone of them. :)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    X3MSonicX please don't let it get to you we all know that these people turn up from time to
    time but the Mods here do a great job looking after us remember you are amongst friends here
    Regards mr coggins .
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    X3MSonicX please don't let it get to you we all know that these people turn up from time to
    time but the Mods here do a great job looking after us remember you are amongst friends here
    Regards mr coggins .

Thank you, Coggins. Yes, they do a great job. But i'd like to leave an advise for them. :)
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    We the moderators do endeavour to keep this forum running smoothly, however, we are regular people with regular jobs and can't be everywhere on the forum all the time.
    We also encourage members to self-moderate. By which we mean that you think before posting a new topic and have a look around the sub forums for similar threads. We also urge members not to fall into the easy trap of being baited and causing unnecessary arguments. If someone is trolling, don't respond. If you see a breech of the T&Cs just flag the post.
    At the end of the day, we can only do so much and it is down to you to create the kind of community you want to share in.
    So yes, new members should read the rules, but older members should help and guide new ones. You set the tone. You know the rules. So, make the forum the place you want it to be by making the right choices.
    We the moderators do endeavour to keep this forum running smoothly, however, we are regular people with regular jobs and can't be everywhere on the forum all the time.

Yes, i know that. And that's why i've created this topic; With the try of keep the trollers out of here.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Well, it's a nice thought, but I don't see how this thread will possibly keep trolls off the forum.
    We all accept the terms and conditions when we sign up and those that want to troll and spam will do so regardless of whether you or other embers get fed up by it. In fact, your frustration merely feeds them and bolsters their efforts.
    The best thing, as I said, is to make the moderators aware of any posters that are trolling the boards and simply not engage with them otherwise.

I am now going to close this thread as I think it has served it's purpose.
This discussion has been closed.