Howard Stern and Roger Moore

edited November 2012 in Actors Posts: 8
Just heard the Howard Stern interview with Sir Roger Moore, and I was amazed at how disrespectful and tasteless Howard Stern was... and indeed how Roger didn't walk out I don't really know. However one thing did come of it, it you look at the following link and go forward to about 40 minutes in, Roger starts to recite the letter that was read out at Audrey Hepburn's funeral. Truly moving and beautifully said. And if you ever want example of this, search for Tommy Atkins and Roger Moore and compare how Roger does it compared to some others.

Now perhaps if only he had been given the right material more often.....

Comments

• Here's the link to Tommy Atkins for comparison... think Roger was a bit choked up after that letter he recalled (see above)....

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I heard most of the interview and I felt Howard was just being Howard. Roger was as always classy and had a good sense of humour. I loved the interview and was surprised that Stern would book Roger as a guest. As always Howard didn't disappoint.
  • I'm sure Roger knew what he was in for ahead of time. I enjoyed the whole interview and Howard was really on his best behavior, relatively speaking, lol
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 224
    I'm sure Roger knew what he was in for ahead of time. I enjoyed the whole interview and Howard was really on his best behavior, relatively speaking, lol

I hope you are right. I heard that as Roger was leaving, he gave terse "yes" and "no" anwers to questions posed to him by others...kind of an indication that he might have been ticked off. Reading another message board (not Bond-related board), Stern fans were stunned by Stern's disrespectful questioning of Roger and indicated their disapproval of Stern's questions to someone of Moore's stature.

• Roger was totally playing Howard's game. I mean he said his penis was an inch and a half for crying out loud! :D
    Roger was totally playing Howard's game. I mean he said his penis was an inch and a half for crying out loud! :D

I didn't listen to the interview....just relating what I read elsewhere.