Want to live the Bond Life?

edited November 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2
Want to live the Bond Life? I have, at least the fun, safe side. Here is how, see:

007Obie

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I always saw Fleming's Bond as having a simple life (from what I have read so far). A man of some extravagant tastes, yes, but simple pleasures. I think I am more suited to a quiet life that a bustling existence.
    It cannot be any worse than our circumstances surely? :-c
  • ^^^What @RogueAgent Said^^^
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    A manof some extravagant tastes, yes, but simple pleasures.

I've read somewhere - idk if i'm right telling this, didn't read the books yet - but, his tastes are incredible, as i remember of reading that his income are £150,000 and that he has a mansion in some beach.
    I'll ledge that i've read some kind of untruths.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I've read somewhere - idk if i'm right telling this, didn't read the books yet - but, his tastes are incredible, as i remember of reading that his income are £150,000 and that he has a mansion in some beach.

From what I have read of Fleming (up to MR in order), he has his flat in Chelsea, makes a decent but not wealthy living in the slightest, and has his dad's Bentley as his pride and joy. Like I said, Bond has exquisite taste, and is well traveled, but at the end of the day something about him just hints to me that he likes the simpler life more. Maybe more seasoned readers of the Fleming novels can add some insight here?
    X3MSonicX wrote:

From what I have read of Fleming (up to MR in order), he has his flat in Chelsea, makes a decent but not wealthy living in the slightest, and has his dad's Bentley as his pride and joy. Like I said, Bond has exquisite taste, and is well traveled, but at the end of the day something about him just hints to me that he likes the simpler life more. Maybe more seasoned readers of the Fleming novels can add some insight here?

I agree with almost everthing because I wouldn't call his tast exquisite. It is very personal but a little mundane. I mean, having a Rolex, drinking Taittinger, eating caviar, those are luxuries that not everyone can afford but they are common among those people. Those are ordinary brands. For example, Bond shaves with Gillette. So his tastes are very personal choices but very commercial at the same time.
    0013 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I agree with almost everthing because I wouldn't call his tast exquisite. It is very personal but a little mundane. I mean, having a Rolex, drinking Taittinger, eating caviar, those are luxuries that not everyone can afford but they are common among those people. Those are ordinary brands. For example, Bond shaves with Gillette. So his tastes are very personal choices but very commercial at the same time.

Hmm. Good analysis.