Anyone prefer MKKBB over Thunderball

edited November 2012 in News Posts: 69
We all know that John Barry had already scored Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as the main title track for the film and that he was asked to rewrite another piece which resulted in the tune we now know sung by Tom Jones but does anyone here actually prefer MKKBB?
I do. I think that whilst Thunderball is ok I think that MKKBB is so sexy and elaborate and far superior. I love the jazzy saxophone and the percussion it's just such a classy piece of music and the lyrics are just pure early 60's Bond wackiness and full of ego.
I also really love all of the cues and tracks that it spawned throughout the film. One of my favourite being that little cue that turned up as an additional cue on the '03 release that is played on guitars and a little flute piece when the black girl is doing that little dance with her bare feet in the fire. What a kinky little beast she is!

Any comments on the comparison between the two pieces?

Comments

• I'm with you. For whatever reason, Thunderball just isn't one of my preferred Bond title songs (seems silly to me more than anything else), while I enjoy the smokiness of Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang quite a bit.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I love both songs a great deal but there's just something so suave about Jones' TB song that really gets me going. Hell, to this day I don't even know if TB is about Bond or the villain or perhaps both. Either way it's the one song I listen to every weekday morning as I get dressed for work.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @thenoisydrum

Since when is this news?