50 years in 23 Days Poster Project

edited November 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 4
Each day, leading up to the U.S. premiere of Skyfall, we watched a film from the 50th Anniversary blu-ray collection and created a poster design for it wrapping it up with Skyfall on its release.
23 Bond films.
23 days.
23 poster designs.

An experiment that was very interesting to take on and rewarding to complete.

Please take a look at the complete set:
http://007.herringhaggis.com/

MOD EDIT: Moved to Fan Creations

Comments

• DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    those are some very beautiful pieces of art. Great job.

It's too bad skyfall wasn't as rewarding as I thought it would be.

Anyways it's great to see someone so passionate about Bond, welcome to the forums my friend. It's a pleasure to have you around.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Exellent posters, simple yet very very effective.

Your Skyfall poster look a lot like post card, very well done. :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 23,559
    It's too bad skyfall wasn't as rewarding as I thought it would be.

This is where you can rant about SF all you want. No need to get on people's nerves in every thread.

Love the posters by the way.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, that page is bookmarked. Seriously, the octopus legs making the lettering for Octopussy and light shining through the bullet hole in the cello from TLD are some of the coolest things I have seen of recent memory. Great stuff! :-bd
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Really well thought out designs for each poster. Did you make each one on the spot or spend the day thinking about it before putting pen to paper?

Great work, I love them.

• Thank you for the welcomes and compliments on the series!
  • Wow, that page is bookmarked. Seriously, the octopus legs making the lettering for Octopussy and light shining through the bullet hole in the cello from TLD are some of the coolest things I have seen of recent memory. Great stuff! :-bd

Glad you caught the bullet hole in the cello! We knew some would miss it, but kept it subtle. Something that just stuck with us after watching it!
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Really well thought out designs for each poster. Did you make each one on the spot or spend the day thinking about it before putting pen to paper?

Great work, I love them.

For some full disclosure, for most of the 23 days we were able to stay ahead by one film in our viewing so that we could think on it a bit. But each poster was created and posted on its day in order, we never were able to get ahead and have some in the "can". Some came immediately to mind what we wanted to do with, others we had to really think on.

Thanks for the compliments!!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    My favourite poster is You only live twice! Great image of combining the Japanese flag with the rocket exiting the volcano.