Dr. No with Roger Moore

Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
edited December 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 403
I've often wondered how the series would have been impacted if Connery would not have been picked in 1962. Would it still be around today and enjoy success after 6 actors have taken on the role? Would Moore's style be set from the start with a more light-hearted, Simon Templar-esque, "gentleman" Bond? Would the adaptations of the films be further from Fleming's books? How long could and would Moore have stayed in the role?

That supposes further questions: Brosnan over Dalton in 1986 and Lazenby continuing into the seventies and most likely erasing the Moore era from existence? The six year break would probably still have happened, but with an actor set in the role, we might have had another film or two made. How long would Lazenby have then lasted? I know the effect of these alternate realities is largely moot, but they 're interesting to discuss nonetheless methinks.

Comments

• DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    IMO I think the series would have not lasted very long with Moore starting first. Connery was such a huge factor and set the tone down for the espionage/action genre. For instance look at all the Bond copycats from the 60's that never made it .
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2012 Posts: 16,333
    Perhaps this paints a nice image.
    Dr_No_Moore_2.jpg
    Dr_No_Moore_1.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Is the shot of Moore a shopped version of a picture of Craig? Those look great, by the way.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Is the shot of Moore a shopped version of a picture of Craig? Those look great, by the way.

I'm not sure, I didn't make them. I found them on 007art.
  • I'm not sure how Sir Rog would have been expected to play it but I think we would have seen a different style than what we got when he did debut in LALD. Only Connery got the gig first and I'm happy with that.