Princess Diana in Never Send Flowers - problematic nowadays?

edited November 2012 in Literary 007 Posts: 15
This thread is designed to collate opinion on the use of HRH Princess Diana as an assassination target in John Gardner's serial killer novel Never Send Flowers (1993).

Is this considered problematic since she was killed on 31 August 1997 in a car crash in a Paris tunnel trying to escape the ruthless French paparazzi - the modern-day equivalent of David Dragonpol in many ways.

I'd really love to hear your opinions on this issue. Who do you think wousd be a suitable target in today's world to replace the late tragic figure of Princess Diana?

As always, your opinions are appreciated. Never Send Flowers really fascinates me as a James Bond novel!

Comments

Just because someone dies who was once in a book doesn't mean you have to go back and change that person.

It's not problematic at all. Everyone knows she was alive at the time, so it's a viable plot. Why do we have to update it?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Any further interest in this controversial aspect of NSF?

Also, JWESTBROOK, I wasn't in any way suggesting that we have to update NSF due to the death of Princess Diana. Oh heaven forbid!