Icebreaker / Role of Honour comic strips?

edited November 2012 in News Posts: 136
I've only just found out that comic strips were prepared (not sure if they were finished) of John Gardner's ICEBREAKER and ROLE OF HONOUR in the style of the Daily Express strips (according to an article on bookbond.com)

I've always thought the JG books would make cracking graphic novels or strips as they are plot driven, if a little dry to read (to my tastes) so this was awesome news to me.

Does anyone know any more about these?

And more urgently, what can we do to get them published?

Comments

• Hey Quarterdeck can you check you're source and confirm it's the correct email. By the way I'm the guy who did the art samples. Want to know more? Just find out if the correct site was bondbook.com or email me a link.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 136
    http://www.thebookbond.com/2011/06/lost-john-gardner-comic-strip.html

It's about a year ago but I only just found it! Try the above...

I don't know if Titan who publish the existing collections could/have deal with these?
  • Thanks Quarterdeck I actually managed to find it. There was only 6 strips in total as I did them as samples to show what a John Gardner based James Bond story might look like. If you are familiar with the Titan reprints the last 007 stories were not much to write home about. I wanted to get him back on point, a way to go might have been to adapt a few of early Gardner novels. I also had a few concepts that I'm sure would have appealed to die hard 007 fans who enjoy both the novels and the movies. I could give a few clues to what might have been, but this would have to be off the boards if you want to volunteer an email.