CoH_GHOST_007's Custom Bond Art

edited April 2011 in Fan Creations Posts: 303
Here i shall update with my latest Bond work, with custom box art, custom posters etc.

Property of a Lady Poster: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8215/propertyofaladycustompo.png
(Including custom logo)

Comments

• edited April 2011 Posts: 107
    The kerning could use a little work, but I approve of your use of Optima. Why did you only use it for the title, if I might ask? Or, alternatively, why not use a font that contrasts more with it for the credits? Something with serifs, maybe?

I look forward to seeing more from you.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 303
    Quoting JobeGDG: The kerning could use a little work, but I approve of your use of Optima. Why
    did you only use it for the title, if I might ask? Or, alternatively, why not
    use a font that contrasts more with it for the credits? Something with
    serifs, maybe?

I don't know, i guess i just wanted to make the title stand out from the rest ofthe text.
    Quoting JobeGDG: I look forward to seeing more from you.
    and thank you. :')
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 107
    Quoting CoH_GHOST_007: i guess i just wanted to make the title stand out from the rest of the text.
    Quoting JobeGDG: Or, alternatively, why not use a font that contrasts more with it for the credits? Something with serifs, maybe?
    I don't think you accomplished your goal then, honestly. The fonts are different, but not different enough, so they clash. Palatino goes well with Optima if you're looking for contrast.

I was on my phone before, but I can look at the whole thing now and get a better sense of the composition. The elements are good, but the Aston Martin—being an image with more light spots in it—pulls the eye away from Craig (and the practically absent Green) pretty hard. Do you know your way around the Levels tool in Photoshop? I'd use it to lighten up Craig to make him at least as strong as the car (if not stronger), and would do the same to Green too (she's upstaged by the cityscape).

You might also try shifting green down a bit and closer to Craig to make him more dominant in the composition. Also, aligning the character's eyelines can help guide the viewer's eye through the poster the way you want it to go.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @CoH_GHOST_007 I have moved this to Fan Creations (from News) as it is appropriate to your discussion.
    Nic
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 303
    Quoting JobeGDG: I don't think you accomplished your goal then, honestly. The fonts are
    different, but not different enough, so they clash. Palatino goes well
    with Optima if you're looking for contrast.

I was on my phone before,
    but I can look at the whole thing now and get a better sense of the composition.
    The elements are good, but the Aston Martin—being an image with more light spots
    in it—pulls the eye away from Craig (and the practically absent Green) pretty
    hard. Do you know your way around the Levels tool in Photoshop? I'd use it to
    lighten up Craig to make him at least as strong as the car (if not stronger),
    and would do the same to Green too (she's upstaged by the cityscape).

You might also try shifting green down a bit and closer to Craig to make
    him more dominant in the composition. Also, aligning the character's eyelines
    can help guide the viewer's eye through the poster the way you want it to go.

The Aston martin is the new Virage aston, and was origionally orange, i altered the colours, might make it darker or something later. Unfortunately i don't own photoshop, i downloaded the free Gimp instead, and i know how to work my way around that a bit, when i've got some extra time, i might alter it.

As for now, i've got this Blood Stone 007 Xbox 360 box art that i'd like to present
    (my work) from a couple of weeks back:

http://img121.imageshack.us/f/vgboxartbloodstone2ndv2.png/

blockquote>Quoting NicNac: I have moved this to Fan Creations (from News) as it is appropriate to your
    discussion.

Thanks, i thought i'd clicked on it anyway, oh well. :')
  • (Not Best of quality, but best i could get with phone)
    Anyway it's a sketch of Daniel Craig's Bond that i recnetly drew:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6835/danielcraigdrawing.jpg
  • LudsLuds MIA
    That's solid, @CoH_GHOST_007, very nice effort indeed! :-bd
  • @Luds Aha thanks, that means alot to me, especially since i know i could have done better with this one, i have a little folder with other drawings of celebrities in which i have drawn, and i believe that the previous attempt on my 'Harry Potter' was far better. but thank you for your supportive and meaningful comment. :D
  • Hello all. My name is Robert Gresham and I would love it if a fan artist here can help me by creating a cover for my Bond inspired, sword & sorcery short story, "The Mohrg with the Golden Tongue." Over at Pathfinderchronicler.net I, and other fantasy fiction fans, create stories based on Paizo publishing's Golarion campaign setting, and all of my stories feature a Bond inspired character named..ahem..Purvis Wade.

Last year an artist here at MI6 helped me by creating a cover for my serial novel, "From Oppara with Love" (here:http://www.pathfinderchronicler.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/FOWL.jpg) and I was hoping to continue that tradition.

This what a Mohrg looks like: http://gaming.icrontic.com/files/2010/07/mohrg.jpg if you didn't already know.

This short story will be featured in Pathfinder Chronicler Anthology 2 (here is a link to Book 1: http://paizo.com/store/downloads/paizoFansUnited/v5748btpy8lcz&source=search), which will be produced and given away for free at Paizo Con next summer. It will also run on the Pathfinderchronicler.net website with the art. This is a great way to get your art seen by a few more fans and only a Bond fan, in my opinion, can capture the look a Bond themed story should have.

Thank you in advance for considering this project.