SKYFALL on BBC1 Consumer show "Watchdog"

edited October 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 66
LoL! I've just seen a piece on the TV show WATCHDOG about SKYFALL.... Not a complaint about the movie, but about the VUE Cinema chain. Apparently- when tickets for SKYFALL went on sale, the demand was so great that the VUE website crashed and a lot of customers were charged twice!

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'd heard of the Vue website crashing but being charged twice is a big balls up! Shocking, really, how a chain that big can get so much wrong.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    I'd heard of the Vue website crashing but being charged twice is a big balls up! Shocking, really, how a chain that big can get so much wrong.

I know- very poor

Shocking! Positively shocking! ;)
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    Shocking! Positively shocking! ;)

Nice@RogueAgent LoL!
  • This happnd 2 me the wkend wen i booke tickets online 2 watch skyfall n also got charged twice when purchasin our drinks because the guy at the till said we had entered wrong pin on our card when we clearly hadnt otherwise it would not of taken the money out
  • Note to anyone in the Midlands:

The Big Screen attached to The Think Tank is not an Imax venue - they don't make this clear and conned about 500 Bond fans who all grumbled about it when I went last Sat.

I'm going to Cineworld Broad Street to watch Skyfall again - this venue is IMAX.

I'm going to email Watchdog about The Big Screen.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I bought my ticked in store. You see, sometimes the ancient ways are better. ;)
  • I bought my ticked in store. You see, sometimes the ancient ways are better. ;)

Very sensible. I've tried to book Skyfall via the Odeon website and it just keeps crashing. In the end managed to book tickets for IMAX showing tomorrow by automated phone booking line! It seems it's never easy to do something that should be so easy! Still I'm getting to watch tomorrow night and can't wait!