Mallory related question. (Here be spoilers!)

edited October 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,400
With Mallory looking to play a larger role in Bond 24, where would we like to see the character go? He seems to be painted as a rather stuffy bureaucrat, while Judi's M seems to run more on instinct and trust. I'm guessing this will mean that Bond's fly-by the-whim-of-your seat/kill first, ask questions later method won't wash well with him. However, we know he did go through plently of hardship when he was kidnapped by the IRA and he's the first to jump to M's defence during the inquiry, not to mention that he condones and approves of Tanner and Q's rather illegal plan. Where do we see Mallory going then? I want to see him really butt heads with Craig, the mother angle with Daniel/Judi is done now, i'd hate to see a fatherly bond develop between Craig/Fiennes. i want Mallory to be cold and clincial and for Bond's rather rough and ready approuch to rub him up the wrong way, i don't want him to be sypathetic or show favouratism to 007.

Comments

Spoiler in the title. Please find a way to change it.

Not everyone knows he's returning!
  • O6GO6G
    I agree. I want to see the Bernard Lee style of M.
    O6G wrote:
    So do I.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Spoiler in the title. Please find a way to change it.

Not everyone knows he's returning!

Fixed and indeed, please be more careful, guys!

And obviously we want a regular 'M' from him, don't we?

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Librarian wrote:
    O6G wrote:
    So do I.

Absobloodyexactly.

I would also have liked it if he they had called the character Miles Messervy but I guess that would have somehow ruined the ending.
    If anyone can help me with a way they could have retained the name but without tipping us proper fans off as to his ultimate role I'd be grateful.

Maybe just have M call him Sir or Minister or whatever his job was? They managed with Eve but even calling him Miles would have been too much I guess.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Fiennes will pull that off. There are already hints in Skyfall of how he's going to react to Bond.

And I loved the look on Tanner's face when he walked out M's office at the end lol.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more Bond adventures with Finnes as M. I'm sure he'll be brilliant and will have some fine dialogues between him and Bond. It doesn't mean I want to see him only behind his desk.
    I'd love to see him showing leadership in a crisis conference room as Dench did.
    I would also love to see a scene from Moonraker (the book) adapted on the screen, with M asking Bond to come and play in his club against the villain. I'm sure Finnes would be great !
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 20
    Ytterbium wrote:
    I'm looking forward to seeing more Bond adventures with Finnes as M. I'm sure he'll be brilliant and will have some fine dialogues between him and Bond. It doesn't mean I want to see him only behind his desk.
    I'd love to see him showing leadership in a crisis conference room as Dench did.
    I would also love to see a scene from Moonraker (the book) adapted on the screen, with M asking Bond to come and play in his club against the villain. I'm sure Finnes would be great !

That's a damn good idea. I miss the dining scenes - Fleming seemed to relish in writing them and they made for great visuals and conversation settings in the films - Bond & Dr No, Bond/M/Smithers in GF, Bond & Kristatos in FYEO, Scaramanga and Kamal Khan's dinners etc.