A question about characters in reboots/remakes...

JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
edited October 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 3,497
Well...

Judi Dench was M during the "last original era" from Bond, 1995-2002. You all remember the, ahem, discussions, when she was casted again in CR.

So I wonder... are there other actors, safe from cameos, that have played the same character in a reboot or remake?

Comments

• Penelope Cruz played the same character in both Vanilla Sky and the Spanish language original.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The guy who did the robot's voice in the TV series Lost in Space returned to do the voice in 1997 film.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Heh. Keep 'em coming fellas. I'm sure I'll discover some myself! ;)
  • Of course Majel Barrett did the voice of the computer in all versions of Star Trek, including the 2009 reboot.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Of course Majel Barrett did the voice of the computer in all versions of Star Trek, including the 2009 reboot.

But, she'll never do so again.

Now... Oh, how about another Bond one? Sean Connery played James Bond in both Thunderball and it's atrocious remake, Never Say Never Again.
    I forgot about NSNA.

On purpose. :)>-
  • Robert Mitchum played Max Cady in the original Cape Fear then played a police officer in the 90s remake. That's it from me...can't think of any others
    Not the same character. ;)

Brilliant remake btw.
  • Desmond Llewelyn as Q. He was in both GF and AVTAK. Most consider AvTAK a rip off ahem remake of GF ;)
  • Edward Woodward as Callan. Starred in tv series and Movie version.

Barry Foster in Van Der Valk. Original 1974/77 Series then 1992 TV Movie remakes

Thin I know but all I can come up with
    Bill Cardille played a reporter in both the 1968 and 1990 versions of Night of the Living Dead.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Charlton Heston returned as an ape in the planet of the apes that came out in the early 2000's starring Mark Wahlberg. Which was terrible IMO.
    Though not technically reboots/remakes, JK Simmons played J. Jonah Jameson in the 2002-2007 Spider-Man films, and then again in The Simpsons, Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoons.
  • Though not technically reboots/remakes, JK Simmons played J. Jonah Jameson in the 2002-2007 Spider-Man films, and then again in The Simpsons, Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoons.

And I'd personally want him in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
    He looks like he comes straight out of the animated series.
  • Johnny Depp, Holly Robinson and Peter DeLuise reprised their characters from 21 Jump Street in the recent movie adaptation ;)

You could call it a cameo, but Depp and DeLuise have quite a big part (bigger than say, Benedict and Schultz in The A-Team)
  • Robert Englund played Freddy in every Nightmare film except the remake. You could maybe consider New Nightmare as sort of a reboot.
    JamesCraig wrote:
    I forgot about NSNA.

On purpose. :)>-

Bah, NSNA isn't terrible. I think it's lots of fun even if it isn't as good as the original TB, and it's much better than DAF imo.
    Tobester95 wrote:
    Though not technically reboots/remakes, JK Simmons played J. Jonah Jameson in the 2002-2007 Spider-Man films, and then again in The Simpsons, Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoons.

And I'd personally want him in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Last I heard, he'd like to reprise it if the role exists in ASM2.
    You can say something about the X men franchise too lol.

I mean, I'm calling Days Of Future Past X4... :D