BBC's excellent Bond content

edited October 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 55
I came across this today which is a really nice bit of Bond statistics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20026367

I also watched the Sam Mendes Mark Kermode interview last night on BBC 2 which has been the most informative interview so far with Mendes.

This can be seen here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nmjt7/The_Culture_Show_2012_2013_Sam_Mendes_Licence_to_Thrill_A_Culture_Show_Special/

Very interesting to see more of Mendes approach and ideas around Bond.

Comments

Dear Mattedwardsuk,
    Thanks for posting this. I'd missed it and it's by fare and away the best interview with Mendes.
    There again, it would be - Kermo is great.
    Regards,
    Bentley
  • Anyone know how I can watch the Sam Mendes interview. I live outside the UK and it says that the content is blocked... :(
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Has anyone got the 'Top Gear Bond cars special'?

For some reason they twats at the beeb havent put it on Iplayer so it looks like I've missed it.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Wasn't there a fan creation (for a competition) that had a layout very similar to the BBC statistic page?!
    Top gear bond special isn't on tv till monday night so you haven't missed it

For some reason they twats at the beeb havent put it on Iplayer so it looks like I've missed it.

Yep. It's on Monday.

Any one else catch Mendes say that right from the start he saw the film as having M as the central character?

Confirmed my suspicions. The reviews seem positive tho (apart from the Guardian), so hopefully it isn't to the detriment of the movie.
    Getafix wrote:

Yep. It's on Monday.

Oh - I thought it was monday just gone?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    The BBC have really been supportive of Bond 50 and of Skyfall, moreso than usual, featuring them on their Breakfast programme, news bullitens, and having special shows such as The Culuture Show, Top Gear and a special Graham Norton Show. The articles on their website have also been an intersting read.
    Recorded and kept the Mendes/Kermode program last night. Thoroughly enjoyed a good 30 min program about our new Bond director! :-bd
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Getafix wrote:

Yep. It's on Monday.

Twat!
    Getafix wrote:

Yep. It's on Monday.

Twat!

I'm far too made up that P&W are signing on first thing tomorrow to even be bothered to come up with a retort!
    Getafix wrote:

Yep. It's on Monday.

Twat!

What was that for??