Will Commander Bond return?

edited October 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 26
Post Skyfall and with the last two Daniel Craig movies , one wonders whether DC will join the hallowed ranks of Connery, Moore and Brosnan by appearing in Naval garb or will he be in the missed opportunities bracket of Lazenby and Dalton?

I do hope we will see DC in naval uniform at some point

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I would say we will, if they're taking pointers from the books it will happen at some point, if not in Bond 24.
    I would love to see DC suited in his Navy garb. If it can be worked into the story as some sort of Naval assault? That would also be something special! :D
  • If M Dies in Skyfall (fingers crossed ;) ), would M's funeral be worked into the opening of Bond 24 with him as Commander Bond??
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    That's a very good idea and it continues the subtle link between the film, something they should always have. A bit like Fleming's novels in that respect.

This may be a non-issue though depending on how the end of Skyfall plays out, mind.

By the way, this is a good enough topic for the 'Bond Movies' section.
  • Yes I do love the idea of Commander Bond in Naval garb at M's funeral worked into the opening of Bond 24 as signedbyrogermoore says or in some sort of Naval assault like RogueAgent suggested.

One idea I personally like which would have to be Craig's final Bond film such would be the scale of it all .. is to have a potential brink of war-like with a foreign power like the UK vs China in TND. This will be a situation where England needs all its capable men at sea. Bond would have the command of his own ship , not the biggest frigate going but something substantial but naturally go against government orders and he and his crew find and battle with the real architects of the scheme on a desolate island where whom are overseeing events.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    RogueAgent wrote:
    If it can be worked into the story

Here's a way they can do it:

Perhaps they have a film where one of Bond's friends/comrades from his Royal Navy days accompanies Bond on a mission (either on purpose or by pure happenstance), then the villain (or henchman) kills said friend/compatriot, Bond then takes out the villain (or henchman), thus avenging his friend. The ending is then Bond on a ship, attending a naval burial a la YOLT, and then he gets a phone call from MI6, calling him back to active duty. Cue the Bond theme, possibly a gunbarrel (like in QOS), then the credits.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    i wondered why the Queen didn't refer to him as Commander Bond, in the Olympic clip.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    =bg= wrote:
    i wondered why the Queen didn't refer to him as Commander Bond, in the Olympic clip.

I think that was going too far for her, addressing him as commander without him being one (Craig that is). Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't she have some sort of military background?
  • The Queen is a stickler for the minutest of military details (like her father George VI and her grandfather George V). As titular Head of the British Armed Forces, she can detect the slightest aberration in military dress, and takes her role extremely seriously.

That being said, I think she was just told to say 'Mr' Bond. She was following a script like any other Bond actor.