Cast a 007 LEGENDS movie

edited October 2012 in Actors Posts: 123
I posted this topic at a few other boards but didn't get much response, so I figured I'd try here.

I was thinking it might be a fun exercise to create a cast list of the characters from 007 LEGENDS using contemporary actors who resemble the same actors who originally played their respective characters. Since the game isn't out for another week, this list is by no means complete, but I listed the characters who have been confirmed from each of the mission reveal trailers.

MOONRAKER
Dr. Holly Goodhead
Hugo Drax
Jaws

ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE
Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Tracy Bond

LICENCE TO KILL
Franz Sanchez
Pam Bouvier

DIE ANOTHER DAY
Jinx Johnson
Gustav Graves
Zao

GOLDFINGER
Auric Goldfinger
Pussy Galore
Oddjob

A few ideas to start:

Michelle Monaghan as Dr. Holly Goodhead
michelle_monaghan_1.0.0.0x0.350x350%5B1%5D.jpg

Brian Cox as Hugo Drax
Brian-Cox_52.jpg

Nikolai Valuev as Jaws
5304932730bn.jpg

Terry O'Quinn as Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Terry+O+quinn+yNO84rPWuB-m.jpg

Bobby Cannavale as Franz Sanchez
Bobby+Cannavale+93fvE-lD4bEm.jpg

January Jones as Pussy Galore
-golden-globe-2011---en-iyi-sac-ve-makyaj-20-14-23.jpg

Turbo Kong as Oddjob
Turbo+Kong.jpg

Demetri Goritsas as Felix Leiter
Demetri_Goritsas-1.jpg

What are your ideas?

Comments

• I know this is supposed to be contemporary, but I thought it'd be fun to pick any actor I imagined. I chose:

MOONRAKER
    Dr. Holly Goodhead- Lois Chiles
    Hugo Drax- Michael Lonsdale
    Jaws- Richard Kiel

ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld- Telly Savalas
    Tracy Bond- Dana Rigg

LICENCE TO KILL
    Franz Sanchez- Robert Davi
    Pam Bouvier- Carey Lowell

DIE ANOTHER DAY
    Jinx Johnson- Halle Berry
    Gustav Graves- Toby Stephens
    Zao- Rick Yune

GOLDFINGER
    Auric Goldfinger-Gert Frone
    Pussy Galore- Honor Blackman
    Oddjob- Harold Sakata

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I think Robert Davi could come back, even though he's older. I like Terry O'Quinn as Blofeld, a great choice. Same with Brian Cox as Drax.

Oh, @BritishChap007, it's Gert Frobe, not Frone. Nice lack of imagination on that list, by the way.
  • I think Robert Davi could come back, even though he's older. I like Terry O'Quinn as Blofeld, a great choice. Same with Brian Cox as Drax.

Oh, @BritishChap007, it's Gert Frobe, not Frone. Nice lack of imagination on that list, by the way.

I'm aware. It's this damn iPhone. I frequently post as if English is a second language and it constantly tries to get me to write James "Bind" among other errors.

As for the imagination, what can I say? I'm a visionary.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited October 2012 Posts: 7,854
    I think Robert Davi could come back, even though he's older. I like Terry O'Quinn as Blofeld, a great choice. Same with Brian Cox as Drax.

I'm aware. It's this damn iPhone. I frequently post as if English is a second language and it constantly tries to get me to write James "Bind" among other errors.

Yet another reason to hate the iPhone...

Got any "visions" of your own to try out? (I'm still looking for somebody right for Goldfinger.)
    I know this is supposed to be contemporary, but I thought it'd be fun to pick any actor I imagined. I chose:

I think you might have misunderstood the purpose of the topic. I want to brainstorm modern day actors to play those roles, not the same actors from the original films.

I'm really hung up on ideas for Goldfinger and Tracy. I literally can't think of anyone who remotely resembles Gert Frobe.
  • I think Robert Davi could come back, even though he's older. I like Terry O'Quinn as Blofeld, a great choice. Same with Brian Cox as Drax.

Yet another reason to hate the iPhone...

Got any "visions" of your own to try out? (I'm still looking for somebody right for Goldfinger.)

Goldfinger: Phillip Seymour Hoffman
    the-master-philip-seymour-hoffman.jpg

Drax: Karl Urban
    MV5BMTU2Njg3MDgyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgyNTA4Mg@@._V1._SX345_SY489_.jpg

Blofeld: Stanley Tucci:
    devilpre.jpg

And, last, but certainly not least:

Tracy Bond:
    emily%20blunt.jpg?1349725550

Interesting choices, Chap. Ideally, I'd want to go for an Eastern-European to play Goldfinger, but Hoffman could probably pass as Frobe pretty well.

Tucci would probably play Blofeld much like Telly Savalas did. The reason I chose O'Quinn is because the character model in the game resembles him a great deal.

Blunt works well as Tracy, too.
    Any other ideas?