The executors of Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson

edited October 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 132
Just a weird thought that popped up one day.

When the day comes were Barbara Broccoli and/or Michael G. Wilson leaves the producer-chair, who should take over?
Someone in the family?

My immediately thought is David G. Wilson :)
Who do you have in mind?

Comments

Honestly, I want to. Doing a uni course on film production, will be interning with media production agencies in the next year, I love Bond. Would absolutely be my dream job. If the current producers wait 20 years t retire so I can get more experience, I'll be more than happy to step in.
    Volante wrote:
    Honestly, I want to. Doing a uni course on film production, will be interning with media production agencies in the next year, I love Bond. Would absolutely be my dream job. If the current producers wait 20 years t retire so I can get more experience, I'll be more than happy to step in.
    If you spend the next 20 years working for them your chances shouldn´t be that bad.

I´m not sure, have there been constant people high up in the production team? I guess they would be the first ones to be asked.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Gregg Wilson who is Michael G Wilsons son, would be a probable heir to the Bond series.
    He's already served as a producer on Skyfall and QOS. He also worked on CR and DAD.
    Learning the family trade it would seem.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It will stay in the Broccoli family without a doubt. I echo what Benny says.
    Wilson will hand it down to his son, Barbara will have to hand it to someone with the name Broccoli.
  • tqbtqb
    I wonder if I could marry into their family :)
    I honestly thought this thread was going to be about who should kill Barbara and Michael.
  • RC7RC7
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    I honestly thought this thread was going to be about who should kill Barbara and Michael.

:D
    Benny wrote:
    Gregg Wilson who is Michael G Wilsons son, would be a probable heir to the Bond series.
    He's already served as a producer on Skyfall and QOS. He also worked on CR and DAD.
    Learning the family trade it would seem.

Which Wilson son did the Everything or Nothing video game? Perhaps Gregg and David could jointly take over.

I see this happening very soon. I imagine Michael G. only being involved for another film or two.

Also, doesn't Barbara have a daughter?
  • tqb wrote:

You'd probably have to wait in line - I've heard quite a few people who have met Barbara Broccoli say that not only is she quite pretty she's also very nice and down-to-earth. I remember the first time I saw a picture of her - it was a candid shot of her in jeans and a sweater working on one of the films and I thought "Wow, who's that?". This was an older picture but she still looks fantastic, especially for someone who's around 50 years old! Happy for her that she didn't get her father's looks... ;-)

• RC7RC7
    tqb wrote:

You'd probably have to wait in line - I've heard quite a few people who have met Barbara Broccoli say that not only is she quite pretty she's also very nice and down-to-earth. I remember the first time I saw a picture of her - it was a candid shot of her in jeans and a sweater working on one of the films and I thought "Wow, who's that?". This was an older picture but she still looks fantastic, especially for someone who's around 50 years old! Happy for her that she didn't get her father's looks... ;-)

Babs is married.

• RC7 wrote:
    Dr_Metz wrote:

:D

When I first saw it, I was afraid they WERE killed. I was aghast for a moment.

But yes, keep it in the family.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, it's easy to mistake exec-utor for exe-cutor.
    RC7 wrote:
    tqb wrote:

Babs is married.

Yes and I'll feel sorry for her husband if she ever meets me but she's on my top 5 list...

About the future of EON, that's something I think a lot... Without Michael Wilson it will not be the same. He worked side by side with Cubby for many years and that expertise can't be easily replaced. Babs is also very capable and could keep the franchise many years with Michael's sons but I fear they'll have generation struggles and couldn't figure out as Michael and Babs have. I don't see a safe future in there. Meanwhile, we have to enjoy the MGM and BB productions because past that I fear only uncertainty.
    You can bet it will stay within the families control! Just look at how protective they are of it! >:)
    Yes, of course it will remain in the family. The question is: is the new generation formed by Santinos, Michaels or Fredos...?
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Yes, it's easy to mistake exec-utor for exe-cutor.

:\">

But again if there is one thing Everything or Nothing made clear it's that James Bond needs to be in the Cubby lineage
    For a minute there I thought Babs and Mickey G Wilson had been assassinated in some sort of fan backlash!
    sorry for double post!