Who has the right to move my discussions on YOLT around ?

edited September 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 90
I am very annoyed that two members of the site have taken it upon themselves to close down my discussion and shove it off into something called reviews. This is not a review - this is a discussion point based on my own opinions and i expected people to discuss it ! I thought only the managers of the site could interfere in this heavy handed way (not that they are heavy handed). This is blatant gagging and stifling of discussion by people who have no more connection with the site than myself. The management should put a stop to this and only staff of the site should be able to interfere with discussions. A discussion site is useless unless people are allowed to discuss. Have you any idea how annoying it is to spend 30 minutes composing a post only to have someone close it down before anyone has a chance to add their comments?

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    There are several threads where members can discuss YOLT, there is no need for new ones. If your previous thread was closed it was because one of the Administrators did it, not another member.
  • That's not what it says on my screen - samuel001 and NicNac claim responsibility for this.
    NicNac is one of the Admins, there you have it.
  • Well - Sandy - you have plenty of posts of your own which have recieved lots of feedback and you haven't been relagated to some widerness. The point of posting is to get FEEDBACK - otherwise it's a disgusting WATE OF MY TIME !
    Jason19 wrote:
    Well - Sandy - you have plenty of posts of your own which have recieved lots of feedback and you haven't been relagated to some widerness. The point of posting is to get FEEDBACK - otherwise it's a disgusting WATE OF MY TIME !

That's funny, because reading through endless pages of duplicate threads seems like a disgusting waste of my time.
  • lol Spellcheck

baby.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Hi @Jason19

This thread?
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3994/you-only-live-twice-on-her-majestys-secret-service-unbeatable-#Item_3

I moved it out of General Discussions because that is a non-Bond forum and I moved it in to Bond Movies because it seemed more appropriate.

The reason I closed it was because it was not a discussion where you were asking for opinions, you simply wanted to express your own opinion about two Bond movies which have been discussed in several other existing threads (one of which Samuel linked to).

I see no reason to re-open your thread when you can say everything you want elsewhere.

lol Spellcheck

baby.jpg

=)) =)) =))
  • Volante-You seem to spend YOUR time picking articles from magazines and posting them when members could find this for themselves . As for duplicate threads - this is not a duplicate for me -this is the first time I have discussed YOLT. And if you don't like reading endless duplicate threads - then don't read them. The whole site is ONE BIG DUPLICATE THREAD = JAMES BOND< JAMES BOND < JAMES BOND.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 774
    Jason19 wrote:
    Volante-You seem to spend YOUR time picking articles from magazines and posting them when members could find this for themselves . As for duplicate threads - this is not a duplicate for me -this is the first time I have discussed YOLT. And if you don't like reading endless duplicate threads - then don't read them. The whole site is ONE BIG DUPLICATE THREAD = JAMES BOND< JAMES BOND < JAMES BOND.

Right... Well, by that logic, no one would ever discuss any news, which necessarily must come from articles. If everyone found them for themselves but then no one posted them because others could find them for themselves then there wouldn't really be much point to this thing called 'discussing'.

Not a duplicate thread for you, but a duplicate thread for everyone else. You know, how you have to share the internet with other people? And how am I to know something is a duplicate thread unless I read it?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    lol Spellcheck

baby.jpg

Nuff said.
    Jason, many times here you'll create threads which content are already here OR already are being discussed. It always happens.
    Jason19 wrote:
    Volante-You seem to spend YOUR time picking articles from magazines and posting them when members could find this for themselves . As for duplicate threads - this is not a duplicate for me -this is the first time I have discussed YOLT. And if you don't like reading endless duplicate threads - then don't read them. The whole site is ONE BIG DUPLICATE THREAD = JAMES BOND< JAMES BOND < JAMES BOND.

Can you imagine if each member opened a new thread on the same subject?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Jason, many times here you'll create threads which content are already here OR already are being discussed. It always happens.

And, some advice, reacting to it like a child then attacking other people really doesn't endear you to your fellow users.
    jason..... don't take it to heart so much. Just ask other members on here if a thread already exsists? Everyone is pretty helpful.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Jason19 wrote:
    Let me put it this way Jason, as you are new here you no doubt want to win the respect of your fellow members and basically join their gang. The best way to do it is to add your thoughts to existing threads, join in a little and chat to the members.
    To come here and demand that everyone plays with your toys, well it ain't going to work out. There are plenty of threads to add your thoughts to, so please go ahead and do so.

And at the risk of upsetting you, I'm closing this thread. Please feel free to message me whenever you like.
This discussion has been closed.