Tom Ford "Orbis Non Sufficit" cufflinks featured in SKYFALL

gt007gt007 Station G
edited September 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,182
Here's something interesting from James Bond Lifestyle:

Thanks to the Christie's charity auction we now know that James Bond (Daniel Craig) will wear a pair of very cool Tom Ford cufflinks in SkyFall, especially made for Bond. The round cufflinks feature Bond's family coat-of-arms with the motto "Orbis Non Sufficit" (The World Is Not Enough) within a black enamel surround.

Bond will wear this pair of cufflinks together with a Tom Ford grey suit, probably in the scene where Bond is running through London and ends up in the London tube.

cl049-tom-ford-cufflinks-orbis-non-sufficit.jpg

Approximately 30 pairs of these cufflinks were made by Tom Ford for the film. One of these pairs of cufflinks will be auctioned at 50 Years of James Bond - The Auction at Christie's which takes place online between Friday 28 September and Monday 8 October 2012. Estimated price at the auction: £1,000–1,500 / US$1,600–2,300 / €1,200–1,700.

It is not yet know if Tom Ford customers will be able to get a pair of these cufflinks. James Bond will also wear another pair of Tom Ford cufflinks, when he is in Turkey. More on those soon.

Bond’s family coat of arms is first seen in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service and features again in Skyfall.

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    a grand for a pair of cufflinks?? Get out of here!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    These are a nice touch. We were talking about them in the Christie's auction thread. I'm sure Bond also wears them in the picture introducing the Skyfall section of the catalogue.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    That is a nice touch, having Bond wear them in SF.
    gt007 wrote:
    £1,000–1,500

And that is why the auction doesn't count as a 50th celebration: they have nothing any fans can afford to spend money on.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, but I still like to see all the goodies and read about them.
    Great touch! But no way would i pay that much for a set of cuff links! :-O Besides? I don't even own a suit! :))
    If I had a grand to spend on any James Bond related item, it certainly wouldn't be that! Overpriced is putting it mildly!
  • It does seem rather expensive for what is on offer. I hope there isn't some 'Octopussy' type scenario at the auction with some crazy bids from people and it goes for a much higher price than it's actual valuation, although it may be a bit late for that already before time. But, people will pay silly money for everything, and nothing these days. It's a nice idea that they feature Bond's family motto and Craig will display them this year for the 50th anniversary release, but will viewers really observe them with all that is going on? (in the movie)
    Heyguys planning to create a pre order onthese feel free to email me at [email protected] if interested 30 usd delivered to you there is tough a debatethatit is copyright enfrignment but i dont tned to use it commercially cheers.
    www.flickr.com/photos/32608524@N08/8043890282/
  • Hey Guys have a few sets from a professional jeweller who made them for a photo shoot, email me and I will send you pics if you fancy buying a set. [email protected]
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2012 Posts: 11,139
    Already got mine from @hart008. They're absolutely stunning. Came with personalised certificate and signature cuff box.
  • Stick some photos up Doubleoego, let's see them!
    hi alphaagent , do you still have some of the Tom Ford "Orbis Non Sufficit" cufflinks
    and what would be the price a pair ??
  • pm me
  • anyone still looking for a pair my email is [email protected]