Sir Sean Connery and Sir Alex Ferguson celebrate with Andy Murray at US Open.

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yay! Thanks for this pic.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    He better be part of the Bond 50 celebrations!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sir Sean is looking good :-bd
  • Yay, Connery! Ugh, Ferguson.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 774
    Sir Sean in that photo, he's still got it!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    This is why Daniel Is the better bond .......... He hangs around with Stevie and Sean hangs around with slur Alex .............. It's a crying shame . :D
    Could some one place that photo of Murry next to one of Andrew Garfield as spiderman? It's just I think they may look alike.

Anyway nice to see Sean out and about again.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 11,189

I would say I hope Sean told Andy to do his best but then I remembered his words from The Rock :D

• Nice to see Sir Sean in public again. 82 and still licence to kilt!
    Nice to see sir Sean, hope he makes an appearence at Skyfall premier.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 824
    Sharky wrote:
    Nice to see sir Sean, hope he makes an appearence at Skyfall premier.
    I wouldn't bank on it!

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Two outings in public this year. They say it comes in threes.
    doubleoego wrote:
    He better be part of the Bond 50 celebrations!

Andy Murry? lol. Can't imagine 2 more dour personalities to be honest.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    What do people make of this:

Bond fan Andy...said last year: “I have all the James Bond videos. I used to get them every Christmas – they had two-for-one deals on them. I was a big fan and thought he was the best. I still do. If a movie was made of my life, I would want Sir Sean to play me.”

How is that even possible?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He looks so good, and jolly. Wonderful. But Sean, if you can pop into the US Open for a spell, you better go to the big Bond 50 get-together. That's all I ever ask of you.
  • I wouldn't bank on it!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:

Bond fan Andy...said last year: “I have all the James Bond videos. I used to get them every Christmas – they had two-for-one deals on them. I was a big fan and thought he was the best. I still do. If a movie was made of my life, I would want Sir Sean to play me.”

With a time machine 8-}
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wouldn't bank on it!
    We get it. You don't have to repeat yourself.
    Great to him out and about again! If he is a big Murray fan? And Murray is a big Bond fan? Lets hope he suggested to Sir Sean to take part in the 50th celebrations? [-O<

However? Seeing as he did not appear in person for the 40th anniversary? I am not gonna hold out much hope! But would happily be proven wrong!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    What 50th celebrations? Is something happening with the all the other Bonds?

I hope he goes to the premiere but I'm not holding my breath to be honest.
  • Sorry, I
    I wouldn't bank on it!
    I wouldn't bank on it!

Sorry, I was thinking that the Skyfall premiere and Bond- 50 get together were seperate events which is why I gave a similar response in each case.

Last year, Connery said no more public appearances and regardless of him turning up at the US Open to support Andy Murray, I suspect Bond events are off his agenda.

edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    ^
    He was also in NYC at a stock exchange event and moseyed around town for a spell.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited September 2012 Posts: 9,117
    Pretty nauseating jock love in there. You note how they got their congratulations in early - I doubt Sean and Fergie will be spotted in the aftermath of Murray bottling it in the final.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I'm younger than Murray but I'd still want Connery to play me in a film about my life.
    Volante wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I'm younger than Murray but I'd still want Connery to play me in a film about my life.
    I'm way younger than Murray, and I would want Sean to play me in my infantile days.

• edited September 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Came across a few more:

Yay, he got a point!!

jbbr_sc_am_usopen_set08_2012-5.jpg

Damn, he got a point...

jbbr_sc_am_usopen_set08_2012-6.jpg

And the man's still got it!

jbbr_sc_am_usopen_set08_2012-4.jpg

'I loved you in the James Bond movies!'
    'Thanksh, I loved you in the new Spider-Man movie.' :D

jbbr_sc_am_usopen_set08_2012-3.jpg
  • Hee hee

WhatIf.jpg
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Here we go folks - after leading 7-6, 7-5 the old Scottish bottling gene is starting to kick in and Djokovic took the last set 6-2 and is 3-1 in the 4th set.

Taxi for Sean and Fergie - they wont be hanging around to shake his hand after he loses.
    He looks so good, and jolly. Wonderful. But Sean, if you can pop into the US Open for a spell, you better go to the big Bond 50 get-together. That's all I ever ask of you.

The thing with the tennis he's not the centre of attention - Murray is. So he can just sit back, have fun and deal with the odd camera shot of him in the crowd. If he turns up at Bond 50 he'll steal the show and have to deal with constant camera flashes and requests for interviews from reporters. Knowing Connery's reputation I suspect I know which would appeal to him more.

Still, I'd love it if he did show at Bond 50.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Came across a few more:

Yay, he got a point!!

jbbr_sc_am_usopen_set08_2012-5.jpg

Damn, he got a point...

jbbr_sc_am_usopen_set08_2012-6.jpg

:)) =))

I like how you can see the reflection of the tennis court in his glasses.