5 Bond Films For Craig

Comments

• Five is a damn good number for any actor. I am happy to hear this. I was a bit worried SkyFall would be his last after all those rumors about how they 'want him to end at his peak'

They better damn well make his 5th movie a great one, not another 'DAF' or 'AVTAK'

Here's a thought: if this is true, won't this be the first time in Bond history where we actually know ahead of time how many movies the actor has left? I wonder how this will pan out....[/quote]

That's not really true. The announcement actually says he'll play Bond for at least 5 films. That means he could do more. I personally don't think he will but the number five isn't written in stone apparently.
  • Pleasant news and I think five movies is a great number for Craig. :D
    Great news. Let's hope EON can hurry up and make more (good) films.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Good news indeed but obviously the cynical Wizard isnt happy unless he can find something to complain about and this statement provides it:

'This schedule may be too aggressive for the artistic process at EON Productions, who have savoured the longer than usual break between films to craft the script for "Skyfall" and have other non-007 related projects in the works, too. Craig himself is keen to have a breather before kicking off another Bond outing, telling press recently that he is not taking any other film work on until after all the "Skyfall" promotional work is over in the New Year. Behind the scenes, EON recently started inking screenwriting contracts for Craig's next two Bond movies.'

I'm not sure I like this 'other non-007 related projects' stuff at all. EON should be entirely dedicated to Bond and not diversifying. Bond should be a full time job.

And who are these screenwriters that are having their contracts inked pray tell? As if we need to know. Everyone seems happy with SF so if they survived DAD this doesnt seem likely to be the moment to take P&W out the back and put a pistol to their temples. Classic political spin - release some good news and then bury a nugget of bad news somewhere at the bottom and hope the gullible public are too happy with the good news to notice.

Overall though positive news for a change from EON.

PS - Can whoever updates the MI6 website please go and remove the apostrophe from the headline for this story. Sloppy and makes the site look amateurish - which it is not.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Told ya :P I said he'd do 4 or 5 max when everyone was saying he'd do 8 and go into his 50s.

It says "at least five". He could still do more after that.

Great news this, was expected.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Lets hope SF and the other 2 are good then!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Told ya :P I said he'd do 4 or 5 max when everyone was saying he'd do 8 and go into his 50s.

It says "at least five". He could still do more after that.

He's smart, he won't carry on into his 50s, and even if he does he definetly won't beat Moore's record. I'd put money on it.
    Virage wrote:
    Great news, best since well.... Skyfall! At least this will save the stupid "The next bond is..." untill 2016 at least...

Now cue @DaltonCraig

I really don't get why so many people are against discussing who the next Bond actor will be. Like it or not, Craig won't be Bond forever, so I don't see what the problem is talking about who might take over.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I really don't get why so many people are against discussing who the next Bond actor will be.

Because people are afraid that, if we start talking about the next actor to take the reigns, it'll happen that much faster. Craig fans want him to go on as long as possible (though, even the most optimistic of Craig fans knows he won't last forever), and we don't want to talk about the next one yet. I'm certain, if these forums existed in the time of Brosnan, we'd see the same thing there, as well.

I honestly don't mind talking about the next Bond. The one I want to see most is Fassbender, but I honestly can't really guess who will be next.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    We have a thread for discussing that but this aint it.
  • Craig is not the best Bond, he's not my favorite Bond, but an improvement on Brosnan all said. Still waiting to see the finished product of what Skyfall will resemble, but quietly confident Craig will be a success. Another release for him after that, and why not? Obviously won't go on for as long as Moore, no other Bond actor will, but for as long as Craig is Bond, that seems fine enough. I have no need either to be discussing who should be the next 007. Craig will be around for the immediate future, so we need not live in years to come, and simply need concentrate on present time
    Craig is not the best Bond, he's not my favorite Bond, but an improvement on Brosnan all said. Still waiting to see the finished product of what Skyfall will resemble, but quietly confident Craig will be a success. Another release for him after that, and why not? Obviously won't go on for as long as Moore, no other Bond actor will, but for as long as Craig is Bond, that seems fine enough. I have no need either to be discussing who should be the next 007. Craig will be around for the immediate future, so we need not live in years to come, and simply need concentrate on present time

You know, a hell of a lot of people, serious fans, more relaxed fans, film critics, already feel Craig is the best Bond since Connery if not ever, and we haven't seen Skyfall yet.

I've got a feeling this new film and his 3rd performance as Bond will put him right up their on par with Connery, perhaps even ahead of Connery. Craig's Bond, while still being as ruthless, hard, and confident as Connery, certainly has more humanity, depth, and inner conflict, where as Connery was always one hell of an effortlessly cool and coldly ruthless cat with little sign of any chinks in his armour. For me Connery and Craig share the top spot as the Best Bonds.

But as I said earlier, I am delighted if Craig does 5 films. A good number.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be happy with that number, immensely. 3 is too early, 4 isn't late enough, but I think 5 is decent, and will mean Bond won't pander out for 7 films that it has before. Great news, and I can't wait to experience this two more times with Dan! =D>
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Five would be good. I don't think any actor should do more than five. Connery could do it because they were producing one a year up to TB. Sir Rog certainly should have called it a day after five and five Dalton's would have been tremendous!
  • YEEEEESSSS! That's really all I have to say =)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    YEEEEESSSS! That's really all I have to say =)

That's all you need to say! >:D<
    Brilliant news. Should put all the ridiculous Fassbender as Bond rumours to bed.
  • At the expense of sounding like a broken record, this is indeed WONDERFUL NEWS!!! James Bond fans the world over should rejoice! Craig is the man (I've said it since CR), and I've no doubt that SkyFall will cement that fact.

That said, it is important that EON find a way to stay with the aggressive release pattern and simultaneously not compromise artistic credibility. I applaud them for the chances they seem to be willing to take, but we don't need another QoS, just for the sake of churning them out every two years. This is very tricky situation.

In my opinion, the should take advantage of Craig while he is still young (he won't be for long), but more importantly, while he is still physically able to take on the burdens of the role and appear credible in it. Considering his Bond is very physical, this is a key point not to be taken lightly. Assuming that they have the right people in place (writers, directors, key members of the creative team), I believe they should consider splitting their efforts and starting key pre-production elements on a follow-up picture, before the current one is even released. This should be their mantra. Get the stories right, the screeplays tight, and don't find yourself in a rushed situation like what happened with QoS.

Again, this is a challenging proposal for sure. But I think it is the best way to successfully implement both quick turnaround and quality product. And if we are to be fortunate enough to have Craig for at least two other go's past SkyFall, then each endeavor should at least be worthy of his talents.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Brilliant news. Should put all the ridiculous Fassbender as Bond rumours to bed.

There have actually been no 'rumors' of that.. just desires.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:

There have actually been no 'rumors' of that.. just desires.

He'll probably be too old to take on the role after DC's tenure anyway. I'm pretty sure EON will make another left field choice like DC when Bond number 7 is cast.
    Superb news indeed! I have no doubts at all that Skyfall will be a success. Bond 24 and 25 should be about taking down Quantum IMHO. That will be a nice way to see DC step down from the role.

Hope Sam Mendes stays on too but i guess we will have to wait and see on that one? But i am very happy overall with this news! :D :-bd
    I have to throw my two cents in here as well. I am VERY happy about this news and concerning the two year cycle, if it means better movies, I say make it three years. Especially if Craig is doing two more films then his age shouldn't become a factor
    I think they should have 2 teams of writers working on 2 seperate scripts. With the producers overseeing it all. Decide which movie will be based on whatever plot it is going to be?

You have a ready made nemesis in Quantum for Craig's Bond. So its all about who you cast and also how well written each script would be? For all we know the next installement is possibly already in development? As we all know the writers contracts for the next 2 movies have already been signed?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Awwwww Yeah! Best news I've heard all day!
  • Murdock wrote:
    Awwwww Yeah! Best news I've heard all day!

Not as good as mine. I'm getting some slap and tickle tonight.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Fantastic. I'm happy i'll see him in 3 more films (including SF).
    3D53A4643B8BF7708DF376F3E7596.jpg

"Two more to go"
  • tqbtqb
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,022
    awesome!!!!! I wonder if they'll throw an aging Bond into the storyline.

I'm sure after he leaves they'll "reboot" (I hate that term) with a younger unknown actor again.
  • tqb wrote:

I'm sure after he leaves they'll "reboot" (I hate that term) with a younger unknown actor again.

But, with the exception of Moore, they always did that.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think it's fair to say that Craig and the producers have really had their eyes opened with the production experience of QoS and I think I remember reading Craig saying that, if such a situation came up again, they weren't (at least with him as Bond) going to move forward like they did but take a similar approach as to what they did with the whole MGM fiasco and make sure a solid script is in place first before they start olling the cameras.

With Craig locked in for at least 2 more films, EoN really need to make sure they get in excellent scripts first and foremost and directors who really know their craft and most importantly, UNDERSTAND Bond. I feel that Campbell and Mendes are the only directors in the last 20 odd years are the only ones who really understand how to and what it takes to make a Bond film. If SF turns out to be as great as it's tracking to be then EoN need to lock Mendes in for Bond 24.
    Part of the problem with the Brosnan era was too many stunt castings and a lack of stability with the directors. Locking in Craig is all well and good, he's popular and makes for an engaging Bond. It's almost hard to believe the backlash to his casting back in '05 actually happened but that's not enough. Craig can only do so much. The producers need to do their jobs and make sure Craig is paired with good scripts and a good director(s).
  • tqb wrote:

Yeah, I also couldn't help thinking they might do something totally different at the end of Craigs tenure, just like the did to begin his run. Like actually killing off Bond at the end of his last movie. A big risk to take, but EON seems to be in the risk-taking mood this time around.

I also think speculating on the next Bond is pointless. It's going to be 6+ years before he's announced. In this day and age that's several lifetimes. I'm sure the next Bond is someone none of us have even heard of yet.
  • tqbtqb
    Maybe one of our members ;)