OHMSS in US Weekly's 100 Greatest Movie Weddings

Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
edited September 2012 in News Posts: 543
So I was a local store today looking through magazines when I decided to pick this one up, and under "Aisle Style - See How Hollywood's Star Wear the Bridal Trends" low and behold they had this picture:

imag0651g.jpg

There wasn't much of a description, just this picture with a caption, but OHMSS is consider by US Weekly as one of 100 greatest movie weddings. Who would have thought?!

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Not that great of a wedding though. Kind of sickening to see happy photos before a tragedy.
  • I think it's perfectly feasible and why not? Maybe the editor was a Bond enthusiast even, it's something I never read in my defense. Where was this in the list of 100 greatest movie weddings even? I couldn't even think what can be #1 at this late hour to be honest. I wonder if Connery is included for his You Only Live Twice endeavors
    Not that great of a wedding though. Kind of sickening to see happy photos before a tragedy.

Thats the idea. the ending has much more impact by showing the happy stuff prior.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    I think it's perfectly feasible and why not? Maybe the editor was a Bond enthusiast even, it's something I never read in my defense. Where was this in the list of 100 greatest movie weddings even?
    There wasn't any ranking or order that I saw. It just has it listed among those 100.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    OHMSS69 wrote:

Thats the idea. the ending has much more impact by showing the happy stuff prior.
    Yes, that's obvious, but it is a greatest weddings list, not a greatest emotional after-wedding tragedy.