TSWLM v/s MR

13»

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'd choose TSWLM, a better performance by Roger Moore.
    Que ?? @-) Moore just has so much fun in MR, almost winking at the camera, and just enjoying himself... The only Bond that comes close to Moore in MR is... Moore in TMWTGG and Connery in TB.
    I'd choose TSWLM, a better performance by Roger Moore.
    Que ?? @-) Moore just has so much fun in MR, almost winking at the camera, and just enjoying himself... The only Bond that comes close to Moore in MR is... Moore in TMWTGG and Connery in TB.
    I thought Moore came across as a lttle too smug in MR because of that winking at the camera.
    TSWLM is definitely the better for me. I've said in the "Bondathon" thread that I believe this to be Moore's best 007 movie.
    TSWLM
    BECUSE ITS AWSOME!!!
    TSWLM is the better movie in my book. The overt slapstick humour of MR is a step too far and really lets the movie down. There is simply too many cringe-worthy moments.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    For me MR just crashes over a waterfall about half way through...TSWLM is tops for me. "ever get the feeling somebody doesn't like you" :-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,901
    They're both tarred with the Moore brush, but TSWLM is slightly less sillier than MR.
  • TSWLM gets my vote
    @DaltonCraig007: I liked Moore in Moonraker, I mean I really did. However, I just thought that he exhibited more "Bond-like" qualities in TSWLM. Also, I prefer his performances without the "wink-at-the-camera", like in LALD, TMWTGG, and FYEO. Not that he's not likeable in those, because he is, but I just think he was always better without the silliness.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    If Jaws had not been used for comic relief--or had not been used at all, past the PTS, Moonraker would have been a *lot* better.
    TSLWM is a fun actioner that really did reinvent the 007 formula.

MR being the first 007 movie I ever saw is in my humble opinion a darker actioner but with RM far more in control of his character. I do not mind the space scenes they have been done excellently and do add to the story. The music, the villain, Jaws returns, We always have Venice, the various setpieces make MR the better movie for me. And finaly Holly Goodhead was gorgeous and outragious in a name.
    Both are ridiculous films, and while Moonraker for sure had a great first half, I can enjoy The Spy Who Loved Me without trying to.

Also, Jaws in TSWLM is actually a half menacing, classic henchman. Moonraker turned him into a clown. Whenever I rank the best henchman Jaws is always somewhere in the top 5, but I have to make a note that it is the Jaws from TSWLM, not MR.
    @SJK91: Exactly. Jaws in my mind has only one movie, TSWLM. The "Jaws" from Moonraker is a cheesy imposter!