My Short Film "The Harvesters" Sneak Peek #2

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
edited August 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 4,399
I've been away from these boards for far too long - but for good reason, I am putting together the final edits for my student/short film "THE HARVESTERS", which will be finished come the middle of September - and with any luck, I can get it into a festival or two (especially the local Cleveland International Film Festival)... but here is a sneak peek into my film - this clip features the 2 boys in the story..

a quick synopsis of the story - it's inspired off actual events that took place in Cleveland during the 1920s and '30s where people were being kidnapped - then their bodies would be discovered later decapitated, or some cases with no arms or legs, or disemboweled.... i just adapted it to modern times, and put my own spin on it (since i had no budget, kind of makes it hard to do a period piece lol)... anyways, the story revolves around 2 girls, Emma and Amber - Amber sets up her friend on a blind date with her boyfriend's friend... but when the quartet return to the girls' apartment, things take a sudden turn for the worse - and what was supposed to be a night of fun, quickly turns into a night from hell...

this was made as my own tribute to the horror films i grew up watching, like Halloween and Friday the 13th - you will probably be able to easily recognize the Halloween influence in this scene.... the final edit, will have a very worn and scratched retro/grindhouse look to it as well...

this clip contains adult language - just a warning in case you are watching at work, or have little ones around

(** note ** this isn't part of the final edit, so the audio is still a bit rough in certain spots**)

- enjoy :)

Comments

• I love the Halloween style first person shots. Nice work, I love grew up watching those 70s/80s horror/slasher films like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday The 13th, etc, so I'll probably enjoy this. I like how you based it on something that actually happened too.