Person of Interest - Brosnan's Bond in disguise?

edited August 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,782
John Reese (Jim Caviezel), a former Green Beret and CIA field officer, is living as a derelict in New York City after an unspecified incident, and is presumed dead. He is approached by Harold Finch (Michael Emerson), a reclusive billionaire computer genius who is living under an assumed identity...

If that doesn't whet you appetite nothing will.

Starts tomorrow in the UK. Looks like good fun. And he's so PB Bond. Love it.

Comments

• That does look good, I'll check it out for sure, 10pm on Channel 5.
  • BenBen
    I'll Sky+ it and skip through the ads, looks like it could be good.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The UK is late in showing this. Series 2 begins in the US next month!
    I am not sure about the title.

But it was the best new series of last season. And it more than well worth your while with plenty of action.

It reminds me often as a rebooted Equilizer only far better.
  • He delivers his lines like PB. A bit awkward and the humor is the same. And it is a bit like The Equaliser.
    He delivers his lines like PB. A bit awkward and the humor is the same. And it is a bit like The Equaliser.

I found the humour very sparse in this series, and the action very tense. Are you sure we are talking the same show since I cannot see PB doing the same role JC does as convincing.

Saw the adverts for this earliar today, may have to give it a go?
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 7,653
    Gues what, one of the Nolan boys is involved as creator of the series that must score some wood under the Nolan fans. :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/

copied a review for those interested:

"Person of Interest" is the brainchild of Jonathan Nolan, the brother of director Chirstopher Nolan. Jonathan wrote the screenplays for Christopher's movies "Memento", "Batman Begins", "The Prestinge", "The Dark Knight", as well as the upcoming "The Dark Knight Rises", and "Man of Steel", which Christopher is producing. But, back to "Person of Interest". John Reese (Jim Cavezil. OK, I did NOT spell that right. It's the guy that played Jesus in "Passion of the Christ", is a former government agent who experienced a tragic event in his past, and wants to conceal it from everyone. He is essentially homeless, but possesses some pretty impressive fighting skills. It's these fighting skills that make him noticed by two people: the first is an NYPD agent, Carter (Taraji P. Henson), who doens't really know who Reese is, and Reese doens't want to reveal anything to her. The other person is Finch (Michael Emmerson), a mysterious millionaire who was hired by the government after 9/11 to create a Big Brother like machine that would help save innocent people from being killed. But, eventually, the Machine began to take on a mind of it's own, and Finch took matters into his own hands, helping these people on his own, without the help of the government. It's this that leads him to Reese. He sees in Reese someone like him, a person who can't get over past tragedies, and it's those tragedies that are holding him back from being successful. Finch and Reese become somewhat of business partners, with Finch using Reese to find ways to save innocent people. But, sometimes, these people are not as innocent as they seem.

Johnathan Nolan has created a truly original show here. A gritty world filled with corrupt, and often complex characters. That's partially what makes this show so good. It's ORIGINAL. The world that it portrays may be unfaltering, and corrupt, but something about it feels REAL. You can relate to Reese, however, you don't know enough about Finch's mysterious past to really care about him. However, Michael Emmerson DOES portray this extremely strange and complex character in a way that makes him strangely likable. The action and fight sequences feel like something that belongs in a movie, particularly, one that Johnathan's brother, Christopher, would probably direct, and that Johnathan would probably write. This IS a VERY VERY good show, and it's one that will certainly surprise you.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I saw the entire first Season a couple of months ago, great show. Reminded me of '24', the best TV Series in my opinion.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 2,782
    SaintMark wrote:
    He delivers his lines like PB. A bit awkward and the humor is the same. And it is a bit like The Equaliser.

I found the humour very sparse in this series, and the action very tense. Are you sure we are talking the same show since I cannot see PB doing the same role JC does as convincing.

I've just seen the trailers with their naffish end lines from the main dude - see the elevator scene. I can imagine PB saying that line with a side smirk..

Hey ho it looks great and can't wait to watch it tonight.

Still Project Dawn still is the best action series out there.

• BenBen
    Still Project Dawn still is the best action series out there.

Can't argue with that, can't wait for Vengeance.

I saw the entire first Season a couple of months ago, great show. Reminded me of '24', the best TV Series in my opinion.

Thats high praise indeed Marketto007! 24 is my personal favourite so i will watch with interest.
  • Just watched it. Just Ok. I will stick with it to see the characters develop. I do like the fact he kills people and not just go A Team on them.