The Spy Who Loved Me Composer Marvin Hamlisch passes away aged 68

2»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2012 Posts: 16,333
    Loved his rendition of the James Bond Theme with both Bond 77 and the version that played on Liparius when Bond has hanging on the moving camera.

RIP Marvin.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    He did a great job on "The Sting", too.

Rip

I agree. I remember my dad and mom having that LP when I was a kid. It got a lot of plays.

RIP, Mr. Hamlisch.

• The Sting is the perfect movie. Everybody who knows screenplays will tell you it is the perfect screenplay. I hope everybody on this forum has seen it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Many, many accomplishments and great scores, but oh how I love that one song in particular, Nobody Does It Better. He seemed to be a genuine sweetheart of a man; may he rest in peace.
    Rest In Peace Mr. Hamlisch.

Yes, Bond 77 is a great track. TSWLM soundtrack is one of the first Bond soundtracks I bought.
    The man was a real legend. Nobody did it better Marvin. God bless...
    The Sting is the perfect movie. Everybody who knows screenplays will tell you it is the perfect screenplay. I hope everybody on this forum has seen it.

I agree. I recommended it, at the time, to my brother and his friend. I raved about it being a great movie. I was told that in the last scene just before the "sting", my brother's friend turned to my brother, disappointed, and told my brother sarcastically to tell me that "The Sting" is a "great" movie. Then when he saw the actual sting take place in the final scene, he laughed and left the movie theater smiling. HE was "STUNG". LOL
    Yes, I;ve seen it. Great film. Saw it many years ago. Will have to watch it again and this time pay special attention to the score.
  • will there be any tribute to him along with John Barry when Skyfall comes out??
  • RIP. Great soundtrack to a great film.
  • Not to mention That Red Grant is in The Sting