The Best Cut-Scenes in Bond Video Games

edited August 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 4,762
The title speaks for itself, so what are your favorite cut-scenes from the 007 games? Here's a list of my favorites, and feel free to pick from it if you have trouble remembering some:

-Kiko gets fried in the blast chamber, courtesy of 007 (Nightfire)
-Raphael Drake figures out where Dominique's true loyalty lies (Nightfire)
-Yayakov hands over Mya to Jean Le Rouge (Everything or Nothing)
-Adrian Malprave dies in the destruction of her own headquarters, while Bond escapes (Agent Under Fire)
-Bond and Zoe's snowmobile takes down a helicopter (Nightfire)
-Rook's helicopter goes down in flames, while Bond and Zoe escape the disabled gondola (Nightfire)
-Bond and Zoe escape Malprave's guards and book it to the elevator (Agent Under Fire)
-Bond and Rak fight to the death (Blood Stone)
-Nikolai Diavolo falls into the missile exhaust (Everything or Nothing)
-Rak's helicopter squadron takes the fight to the air against 007 (Blood Stone)
-Nicole Hunter is assassinated (Blood Stone)
-GoldenEye defeats Oddjob at the Hoover Dam (GoldenEye: Rogue Agent)
-The Omen device turns Auric Goldfinger to dust (GoldenEye: Rogue Agent)
-Bond and Nigel Bloch duke it out in the air, only to end up with a splashing finish (Agent Under Fire)

Comments

Bond and Nicole's entrance into Siberia is pretty.

Also i like Bond arriving at the dig site in Istanbul. Made me laugh a little
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Bond meeting Malprave for the first time at the embassy (Agent Under Fire)
    Bond parachuting from the top of the dam (GoldenEye 007/GoldenEye 007 Reloaded)
    Bond and M in front of the G20 (Blood Stone)

I'll think of some more later.
  • The one in Nightfire where Bond is on the roof and takes out a sniper with one punch.
    @thelivingroyale: Ah yeah, I love that one. The opening to the level Chain Reaction!

Another one that I thought of was in Everything or Nothing, when Bond takes down one of the sniper guards outside of Diavolo's Louisiana house, and then attempted to assassinate Diavolo before he reached his helicopter, but failed to so because, if I remember correctly, a truck drove past his line of fire before he could take the shot.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    GoldenEye 007/GoldenEye 007 Reloaded: The first cutscene in the level "Tank", especially with Bond's line: "Bond to MI6, I need you to track a humvee on the streets of St. Petersburg. It's the one being chased by a tank."
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    00Beast wrote:
    @thelivingroyale: Ah yeah, I love that one. The opening to the level Chain Reaction!

Another one that I thought of was in Everything or Nothing, when Bond takes down one of the sniper guards outside of Diavolo's Louisiana house, and then attempted to assassinate Diavolo before he reached his helicopter, but failed to so because, if I remember correctly, a truck drove past his line of fire before he could take the shot.

When did that happen? i don't play it for a long time but i know that this cutscene's not on the game - I play the PS2 version.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

When did that happen? i don't play it for a long time but i know that this cutscene's not on the game - I play the PS2 version.

Yeah it is, it's the introduction to the level "Faded Splendor" in which you break into Diavolo's Louisiana plantation home and find Yayakov's hidden research center.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Yeah it is, it's the introduction to the level "Faded Splendor" in which you break into Diavolo's Louisiana plantation home and find Yayakov's hidden research center.

Nope. There's no truck that appears in front.

The scene is Bond punching down a guard and getting his sniper. He watches Diavolo, Katia and some Guards with them, along with Yayakov, getting in a helicopter.

Then, It flies away, while Bond prepares to get inside the house.

The truck only appears on the Pontchartrain Bridge, after Bond "kills" Yayakov. Jaws drive it and almost passes over bond, but he rolls and he gets his bike. Jaws gets away to the Bridge while Bond prepares to get after him.
    Everything or Nothing and Bloodstone, because they feel and look most like playable movies, from both actors eras. Everything or Nothing is pretty much Die Another Day 2 and Bloodstone is Quantum of Solace 2.

So pretty much all of both games's cutscenes.
  • In Everything Or Nothing, when Jaws crawls out of the (train?) wreckage.

Also in that game, when Willam Dafoe is revealed for the first time. Really suprised me.
    What surprised you more: The villain showing up so soon? or The villain being Willem Dafoe?
    In Everything Or Nothing, when Jaws crawls out of the (train?) wreckage.

Also in that game, when Willam Dafoe is revealed for the first time. Really suprised me.

That's a good one too, I love the dialogue backstory about Diavolo being the pupil of Max Zorin in the KGB.

I thought it could be like a homenage for RM to remember his film.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I thought it could be like a homenage for RM to remember his film.

I would hope so! AVTAK is extremely under-rated and never gets much praise and adoration for how truly great it is, so I'm always glad to hear Diavolo's references to Max Zorin.
    I'll admit, I like AVTAK more than OP, but the film wasn't exactly up to par with other Bond films. I did like Diavolo being Zorin's student, however. Have Christopher Walken and Willem Dafoe ever worked together?
    I'll admit, I like AVTAK more than OP, but the film wasn't exactly up to par with other Bond films. I did like Diavolo being Zorin's student, however. Have Christopher Walken and Willem Dafoe ever worked together?

If they have, I want to see that movie pronto! Two of the greatest actors of all time! Max Zorin and The Green Goblin!
  • EoN when Bond says "Call it a hint of bigger things to cum."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited October 2012 Posts: 16,330
    In 007 Legend, the introduction of Drax. He's much more menacing in 007 Legends. I'm happy Michael Lonsdale returned to voice Drax. He did an excellent job, and added some more emotion to the character when he was kind of wooden in the movie.

It starts 8:00 minutes in.
    I like how Jaws just appears behind Bond, after he kicked him onto a giant globe.

So, I take it that Bond never goes to Drax's mansion in this?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No it starts at Drax's Launch facility, then on the space station. It's the longest part of the game.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 9,767
    I still love M's dialogue with Bond in bangkok in Blood Stone

"They Say the man was chased by a british agent whose driving destroyed half of bangkok"
    Bond "what makes you think it was me"
    M "Do you really want me to answer that 007?"
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Risico007 wrote:
    I still love M's dialogue with Bond in bangkok in Blood Stone

"They Say the man was chased by a british agent whose driving destroyed half of bangkok"
    Bond "what makes you think it was me"
    M "Do you really want me to answer that 007?"

I love that line too! But i like also:

"Mr Ping: What Do you know about whales, Mr Bond?"
    "Bond: Not much. Enough to know that they shouldn't be kept in aquariums."

Both lines are loveable, and are really somewhat of lines that could be in a Bond movie.
    Ah, but the best is when Bond finally catches up to Bernin.

Bernin: "Please, you don't need me anymore!"
    Bond (putting his foot on Bernin's chest): "Got that right." (kicks Bernin down about four stories)
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    The end of Goldeneye N64 while the credits roll with Bond and Natalya making out in the jungle. Come on, it was hot!
    The end of Goldeneye N64 while the credits roll with Bond and Natalya making out in the jungle. Come on, it was hot!

7 minutes of kissing. Fuck Logic

But jokes apart, it is a good ending, but i prefer EoN's ending.