Question - Where is the volcano located in YOLT?

OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
edited August 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 202
I've not watched YOLT for a while, and I cannot remember if the volcano which houses the secret SPECTRE base is on the same island as the fishing village, or a separate one.

I ask because at the end the volcano erupts, and I would hate to think the villagers got burned alive as a result! :-O

Comments

Fairly sure it's a different island, though that still might not save them from a volcano erupting.
  • It's on the mainland, and Mount Kirishima was used as Blofeld's hideout for the external shots.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited August 2012 Posts: 5,979
    I've not watched YOLT for a while, and I cannot remember if the volcano which houses the secret SPECTRE base is on the same island as the fishing village, or a separate one.

I ask because at the end the volcano erupts, and I would hate to think the villagers got burned alive as a result! :-O

I hadn't thought of that depressing plot result. Also, why doesn't the gas kill the ninjas, Bond, and Kissy as they're swimming out of the tunnel at the end?
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    I watched it today and I still don't think it's clear!

Perhaps they weren't gassed because they were ninjas? Or perhaps the poison has a delay? (Shortly after the credits roll you have 2 dead people in a boat)
    That volcano erupting and possibly threatening villagers is just one of the problems with YOLT. No rhyme or reason just an excuse to thrill audiences with some fancy pyrotechnics. Whatever....
    I was taking about this some time ago, the whole nonsense of Bond turning Japanese and becoming one of the locals, so not to arouse suspicion or blend in and make a trip to the Island that housed the volcano. I haven't seen this in years (You Only Live Twice), but it's safe to say it was seperated from the mainland or different island. I concur if it is indeed an inactive Volcano, then why does it erupt at the end, or was it a different one even? I haven't seen this for so long in my defense. It's largely a film to forget, but will try and get around to another viewing when possible
  • now how is this thread not locked? shouldnt it be under a " YOLT-keep all talk in here"

No offense, Onlymanwhocan.
    Ideally it should be in 'Bond questions' or 'bits that don't make sense', but there's no real harm done here. OMWC is new after all, and Still perhaps feeling his way around, probably just had a spontaneous moment of a question that wanted answering, and went for a full focus. Seems innocent enough
  • Yeah, I know. i was just making a point. Im new , and I have been locked up on all of my threads.

Every single thing can be labled under something that is already on here.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 774
    Yeah, I know. i was just making a point. Im new , and I have been locked up on all of my threads.

Every single thing can be labled under something that is already on here.

Not having a go at you, but mods don't have time to lock everything, and the mods here are actually really generous about letting threads go for a while before locking them. Your question about DAF got derailed into an argument about giving people attitude, that's why it was locked so quickly, and why this one hasn't been. Though I expect it soon will be, now.
    Any reason to close this down now is merely because the initial question seems to have been answered somewhere down the track. No real harm done, as before, although it would of been more appropriate in a designated area which caters for such a question such as mentioned above, but it's all very well and good
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Pinewood?!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    That volcano erupting and possibly threatening villagers is just one of the problems with YOLT. No rhyme or reason just an excuse to thrill audiences with some fancy pyrotechnics. Whatever....

What problems in YOLT ? It's a perfect film ;)
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    now how is this thread not locked? shouldnt it be under a " YOLT-keep all talk in here"

No offense, Onlymanwhocan.

Absolutely.
This discussion has been closed.