007 Fitness Reports

edited July 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
Maybe there has been an earlier post or something similiar. I would like to grade Bond's performance in his adventures. Grade him from A-F as to how he handled the mission, himself and foiled the villain. Lets not let our feelings for a film prejudice the grades. I will list my grades for Bond and we can discuss later or make your grade and any of your opinions and comments are most welcome.
DN A Bond was on top of his game in this initial outing.
FRWL A
GF D He hardly distinguished himself in one of the top movies in the franchise.
TB B He happen to be in right place at right time but handled it well.
YOLT A
OHMSS A
DAF A
LALD A
TMWTGG B
TSWLM A
MR A
FYEO A
OP A
AVTAK A-
TLD A
LTK A+ given what he had to work with being rogue he did outstanding job, with hardly any mistakes along the way.
GE B+
TND C He was shown up by the Chinese agent too many times.
TWINE B- let his feelings interfer too much with mission
DAD A
CR B Handle it all very well. despite a couple of setbacks. His falling for Vesper got in the way
QoS C- had no idea what the hell he was doing...

I dare say that the most "efficient Bond" would be Moore and Dalton. they never let anyone down.

Comments

When I first saw 'fitness' in the title I thought there was no way in hell Bond would get an A for DAF-- then I realized you didn't mean actual physical fitness #:-S
    @Master_Dahark
    LOL. yes, "fitness" was used to evaluate military officers...
    Despite his flabbiness, non chalant attitude, Bond handled the mission in DAF very well. Personally I hated the film but I try not to let my feelings for the film interfer with my judgement of Bond's handling of the mission.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,813
    After looking over your list I must say I agree with most of it! I would point out though that in LTK Bond did blow Pam's deal with Heller. I'd still have given him a B since 'he got the job done'

I'd also rank DAF a bit lower, simply because to this day I'd love to know what Bond's big plan was to get out of that burning coffin. That's seriously the most screwed he's ever been!
    DAF suffers from poor writing, shoddy editing, and piss poor FX during the helicopter assault on the oil rig. I guess Connery's salary ate up most of the budget... :))
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    DAF suffers from poor writing, shoddy editing, and piss poor FX during the helicopter assault on the oil rig. I guess Connery's salary ate up most of the budget... :))
    And Connery looked like he ate whatever he wanted

:@)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 3,494
    OHMSS69 wrote:

Thank the gods for my favorite Barry soundtrack, Wint and Kidd, Willard Whyte, and the plentifulness of Plenty. The few saving graces. Otherwise, Sir Sean definitely was mailing it in and busy between takes grazing at those lavish Vegas buffet tables ;)

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,629
    DN- A
    FRWL- A
    GF- C
    TB- A
    YOLT- B
    OHMSS- B
    DAF- D
    LALD- B
    TMWTGG- B
    TSWLM- A