Skyfall CD Soundtrack

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
edited July 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,400
Any info on the label being used for the Skyfall release, and it's release date? I should think late September?

Comments

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Don't know if anyone remembers the release date for QoS? One thing I dó remember were the 30-second clips on iTunes :D
    I would imagine it would be through Sony wouldn't it?
    Nothing on Amazon yet.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Well, I would expect it to be published early or mid-October, and pssibly a biteen earlier on iTunes...
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Could be Sony Classical, that's who did CR...yet QOS was done on "J records."--related to the Keys/White debacle. (I still dont know why he's listed on the song- does he sing?') Anyway, Adele is on Columbia/XL..so if she does the song, I'd say Columbia/Sony.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,447
    The offical online release date of QOS be in 3th and 4th week of October. Before the release date of the movie. With CR it whas in late November after the release.

But with both movies the cd's where almoost not avaible local. The last one whas DAD who be released in late November too. In specialy CR have problems also because of missing title song and there be difrent version of the cover for Europe and VS. For QOS there be only one cover.

The best thing in my opnion is make 1 cover like happend with QOS (Like Twine and DAD) release half October and from the start ask not to much. If 1 disc isn't enough there release as a 2 disc. QOS stil missing 2 tracks atleast, but of course CR is a bigger problem with missing 14 tracks include Cornell.

It take me to late 2010 before i bought the QOS soundtrack, stil for a part not happy because it whasn't local and not in 2008 or beginning 2009. It be close or i stil haven't it. The CR i don't own.

Label: J records who did QOS is a better choose then Sony.
    Mabey Decca who did Road To Perditation composed by Thomas Newman and directed by Sam Mendes for Fox and Fox is another partner from MGM. Road To Perditation have 23 composed tracks + 4 artist tracks with 69 minutes of music (Twine whas 67 minutes with 17 composed tracks + 2 artist tracks and Quiketime trailer.). 26 + title song for Skyfall should be possible with 69 minutes and mabey 2-3 tracks more if there make it 75 minutes. (CR = 74 minutes.)
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 140
    ...he's listed on the song because he sang, played drums/guitar and wrote the song itself haha. Why is Keys listed should be the question.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    There's only one thing I want from any Bond soundtrack: the film's title theme.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The release date will be in October. The soundtrack is always one of the last things to come out, just before the film's release.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    ...he's listed on the song because he sang, played drums/guitar and wrote the song itself haha. Why is Keys listed should be the question.

you can hear his voice on there? really? you got better ears than me and I worked in radio 24 yrs.
  • Mine arrived today. Its really growing on me. Its a shame the Adelle theme isn't included, but since I'd already bought that individually it was no big deal for me.
    Bought my copy today! Will try and listen to it tomorrow between shifts.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 16
    Mine arrived from Amazon.co.uk today, but it was unsealed, which I have noticed has happen a lot lately. Does anyone know why this happens?
    Listening to it as i type between shifts! Bringing back some great memories from Friday night! :-bd
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Does anyone here have the correct ordering of the songs? They are all mixed up on the soundtrack.