Remington Steele Thread.

MurdockMurdock The minus world
edited July 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 16,333
Before Pierce Brosnan was James Bond, he was Remington Steele! I just picked up the entire series at my local Best Buy and finished the series when I had left off. Season's 1-4 are pretty good but season 5 pretty much jumped the shark and made it to where Pierce had to step out of the race to being Bond number 4.

So does anyone on here watch or like the show?

for anyone not familiar with the series I'll post a synopsis below.
Remington Steele's premise is that Laura Holt, a licensed private detective played by Stephanie Zimbalist, opened a detective agency under her own name but found that potential clients refused to hire a woman, however qualified. To solve the problem, Laura invents a fictitious male superior whom she names Remington Steele. Through a series of events that unfold in the first episode, "License to Steele", Pierce Brosnan's character, a former thief and con man whose real name (or whether he even has one) is never revealed, assumes the identity of Remington Steele. Behind the scenes, Laura remains firmly in charge.

Comments

Love that show!!! :-j
    Yep, big fan! Have all the seasons, and I agree the 5th is the weakest, but at least it wrapped up all the loose ends (though I was annoyed by the extra dude they added to the cast!). Best are the 1st and 2nd seasons for me, where it had the best look style wise. Though I thought Brosnan was a fine Bond, I do think he mastered Remington the best.
  • DB5DB5
    And Stephanie Zimbalist was a real cutie!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan really made that show great and were the perfect casting choices for the series.
    Murdock wrote:
    Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan really made that show great and were the perfect casting choices for the series.

Perfectly stated.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    So any favorite episodes? Mine has to be the first episode of Season 2, It has a lot of James Bond references in it. from the opening notes of James Bond theme, to a guest appearance from Pedro Armendariz Jr. Also Doris Roberts compares the adventure to a James Bond movie. great stuff! :)
    Cannot recall how many i saw? But did enjoy them!