New Oliver Stone Flick Savages love it or hated it

edited July 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
Saw the film "Savages" by Oliver Stone. I like Oliver Stone but this film was so so.
I thought Travolta was great. He always good at playing such slimy character. Benicio Del Toro was good. And I always like watching Salma Hayek.
My problem is with the good guys:
None of them were very sympathetic or likable. Chon is a creep ( I liked Taylor Kitsch in Friday Night Lights), Ben was okay but O is such a stupid slut bitch. How can anyone even care what happens to these characters. I was pulling for Salma and the cartel.
I rate the movie two stars our to four.

Comments

• I'll let ya know Sunday, that's when I see it
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Saw the film "Savages" by Oliver Stone. I like Oliver Stone but this film was so so.
    I thought Travolta was great. He always good at playing such slimy character. Benicio Del Toro was good. And I always like watching Salma Hayek.
    My problem is with the good guys:
    None of them were very sympathetic or likable. Chon is a creep ( I liked Taylor Kitsch in Friday Night Lights), Ben was okay but O is such a stupid slut bitch. How can anyone even care what happens to these characters. I was pulling for Salma and the cartel.
    I rate the movie two stars our to four.
    I´m not even sure if I want to see this film, but what you describe seems to be a general fashion these days. Big names, slightly aged and more than capable to carry a film on their own, are cast in side roles, while the major roles are cast with young actors who may even be quite good but nowhere near as good as their older co-stars and not at all able to carry the film.

And the annoying part is, there actually would be really good young actors out there.

• It was terrible
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2012 Posts: 5,985
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Ben was okay but O is such a stupid slut bitch.

Really?