The Living Daylights (live) by a-ha

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
edited July 2012 in Music Posts: 1,400
Found this song, never new it was done live in concert if anyone wants

Comments

• oo7oo7
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ttg0ew_p-xo?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ttg0ew_p-xo?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Or you could just post it, a simple youtube search would reveal about 10 different live showings of it. Welcome to the internet.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    This is an MP3 file of an apparantely out of print A-ha live album.
    Christ, Morten Harket looks good in this.

One of my favourite Bond songs. Its got an ethereal quality where the high pitch of the vocals goes well with the pop of the music.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I've always found The Living Daylights a bit of a bland song for some reason.

Take on Me is better.
    I love TLD's theme song! It is one of the highlights of the movie for me. It really suits the movie well in tone, atmosphere, and overall quality.
    Of course A-HA have done live concerts with this song, been performed live in South America than anywhere else in the world, even than their native Norway as I understand it. I'm no real fan of their work, 'The Sun Always Shines on TV' is what instantly comes to mind, but am pleased in retrospect that they, and not The Pretenders, got to do the main theme intro. I have nothing against Hynde and her band, but just feel the Norway guys were more suitable. 'Daylights' is not my favorite theme intro, but it's hardly the worst is it? Morten Harket of course was offered a cameo that year, but declined
    This song is... diabolical.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,494
    I prefer "If There Were A Man" to this personally, but as far as this being the title song, absolutely should the case here- as opposed to Crow TND and the horrid AWTD (much prefer QOS alternate by Eva what's her name).

Not a fan of a-ha other than this song, but thanks for posting it 007, very cool! Think I'm going to pop in the TLD soundtrack now.
  • Look at the end of the movie...While Kara is playing the Orchestra Director is JOHN BARRY. His first cameo on his last Bond movie.
  • They got everywhere didn't they. Was already aware of Barry as conductor, as with Michael G Wilson in the same picture at another d'Abo performance that year
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    fabriccio wrote:
    Look at the end of the movie...While Kara is playing the Orchestra Director is JOHN BARRY. His first cameo on his last Bond movie.

Can you stop posting the same (not particularly illuminating) comment on every thread on here?

Mods can you keep an eye on this comedian - seems like some sort of WUM with a strange Barry fetish.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    fabriccio wrote:
    Look at the end of the movie...While Kara is playing the Orchestra Director is JOHN BARRY. His first cameo on his last Bond movie.

This is your fourth and at the same time your only post. Expect a PM. Please stop the spam.