Possible Deleted Scenes in Dr. No?

edited July 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,762
When I was watching Dr. No yesterday, two scenes in particular struck me as odd. The first was Bond and Miss Taro's afternoon get-together and the second was when Bond and Honey are in the rowboat together at the end. For the scene with Bond and Miss Taro, I've seen photos that suggest extra footage of this scene, in fact there's one on the back of the special edition DVD I have for DN. As for the second scene, when Bond tells Honey to "come down here" with him, he leans in and opens his mouth as if to say something to her, but the scene cuts away just before we hear anything. Does anyone know if these instances are the subject of deleted scenes? The only deleted scenes I know of in DN are Honey's alternate torture by the crabs and Bond's extended killing of Professor Dent.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    There was an extended killing of Professor Dent? I thought that was simply scripted but never shot.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There was an extended killing of Professor Dent? I thought that was simply scripted but never shot.

Yes, I haven't heard of it either...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I also thought the crab scene was never shot because the crabs were frozen by the time they tried to film that scene.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The crabs weren't shot. There are pictures of them half dead on the photo section of the DVD. The Bond killing Professor Dent scene was cut. From Bond emptying all his bullets in him, that scene was trimmed down to just two. Maybe it still exists, somewhere.
    I also thought the crab scene was never shot because the crabs were frozen by the time they tried to film that scene.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, but you're right, the scene was never actually filmed, but there are photo shots on the SE DVD from this deleted take.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The crabs weren't shot. There are pictures of them half dead on the photo section of the DVD. The Bond killing Professor Dent scene was cut. From Bond emptying all his bullets in him, that scene was trimmed down to just two. Maybe it still exists, somewhere.

I hope we'll be treated to this extremely rare footage some day. I'd like to see the even colder side of 007!

I was reading about some alternate takes of DN on imdb.com yesterday, and it said that some European versions of the movie have extra footage of Bond and Miss Taro "doing what they came to do", if you catch my drift. I've seen a photo from this deleted footage, it's on the back of the SE DVD in fact.