PUNISHER short film staring Tom Jane (2012)

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
edited July 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 4,399
this was screened at this year's Comic Con..

it was not a collaborative effort between Jane, Marvel, and FOX... this was an independent production..

but seeing as how badly FOX is going to potentially botch their Punisher TV Show (which is completely rewriting Frank's origin, and turning him into a poorman's Dexter), I think this was badly needed - this is how the Punisher should be done, and I really hope the execs at Marvel and FOX really reconsider the concept of their TV show..

this is entitled 'DIRTY LAUNDRY' .... and to all the Punisher fans out there, enjoy :)

Comments

using Why so serious really distracts from the film imo. If theyr going to steal, steal sometyhing that has at least something to do at all with the character or at least MARVEL AT ALL!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    it did to me at first as well.... but oh well.. i understand the constraints of working with a limited/no budget - and it was probably the director's choice to use the music - why do they HAVE to use a score from a Marvel movie?
    HASEROT wrote:
    it did to me at first as well.... but oh well.. i understand the constraints of working with a limited/no budget - and it was probably the director's choice to use the music - why do they HAVE to use a score from a Marvel movie?

I just find it funny to use a a score from a DC character on a Marvel character :P
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    fair enough lol.... i would've prefered to hear the theme from the 2004 movie (as its one of the few great things about it).
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    This is just the preview to the full movie, right? This needs to be a preview to a full movie!!! Tom Jane and Ron Perlman (you forgot to mention him!) together in a Punisher movie - IT JUST NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!
    Thomas Jane as The Punisher again after 2004
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330793/

I would not mind

• best punisher movie to date imo
    @forgotmyusername

i did enjoy PWZ as well, and it was the closest to thing to a real Punisher movie that we've seen.... it's crude dumb fun..... but it's FAR from the perfect Punisher movie...

IMO, coming from a fan of the comic for about 10 years now - the perfect Punisher movie would be something like the link i just showed you above... something like that stretched out for a 2 hour movie would be perfect.
    in one day, that Punisher short got over 300,000 views... and it's gotten glowing reviews and remarks..

hope that FOX and Marvel are paying attention to that..
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    It has millions of views now.

The Baftas and the Oscars have a short film category, right? GIVE THIS FILM AWARDS!!!

Seriously, this was epic. I preferred Warzone to the 2004 original film, so I was suprised at this.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-3160-the-punisher-movies/