All of George Lazenby's 'unofficial ' Bond appearances

edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,813
I think for the most part, everyone here is familiar with Lazenby's Bond cameo in that U.N.C.L.E movie. But I've only recently learned of yet another Bond appearance- in 1988, no less-- in some Hitchcock TV show entitled 'Diamond's Aren't Forever' (clever (:| ). I saw pics from a link at CommanderBond.net but I'd love to actually see it- youtube yielded no results. Has anyone here seen this show? I'm assuming it's incredibly lame and my hopes aren't up, but I'm curious as hell to see it!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Nope, haven't seen it myself but I'd love to, following your descriptions. Could you links us to those pics here?
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,813
    Here you go! Just bad, dark photos- I wanna watch it! It looks like it could be funny (cheesy)
    http://doubleosection.blogspot.com/2008/04/diamonds-arent-forever-george-lazenbys.html
    It used to be on youtube but must have been taken down. It is really awful. Everytime someone starts to say his name, they get to James and then they are cut off.

Lazenby also played a British agent who drove a silver Aston Martin DB5 in one episode of the 80s TV series "The Master"
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I find it hard to recognize Lazenby in those pictures. Am I the only one, folks?
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,813
    Quoting jaguar007: It is really awful.
    Aw what a shame- part of me hoped he was awesome and it would have been a huge middle finger to all his naysayers! Oh well...
    Judging from the pics, he also looks a bit too old to be doing it (he looked great in 1983, but he sure aged quickly since then)
    However, speaking of... he also did a couple more known action flicks when he was younger: Universal Soldier and Stoner, in particular- that I'd love to see while I'm at it.
    On youtube I did find clips of The Man from Hong Kong, where he plays the main bad guy- now that was funny! Loved his 'stache! He looked like George Harrison, lol
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 4,813
    *Update*
    Cool someone posted it!

Pretty stupid, lol. The acting is something right out of a High School play (and that includes Lazenby, I'm afraid)
    Would have been nice if Lazenby dyed his hair though.... :( With all that big gray hair he looked like he belonged on a soap opera
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    That is a very funny rendition of the Bond series. Fun to see George (somewhat) return to his former role.
  • That was horrendous.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Sorry for the necro-post-- but I went back and watched 'Diamonds Aren't Forever' again and I just have to ask: is this really the extent of Lazenby's acting?? Has anyone seen him in something else and can confirm if he really can't act or if he was just having an 'off day' here?

I'm seriously starting to wonder if the only reason he was any good at all in OHMSS was because he had the best help in the form of direction and costars.....

<center>'And that includes you, baah-tenda.'

Lazenby_Alfred_Hitchcock_Presents_1.bmp</center>
  • Oh Dear , what delicate ,prissy ,little 'hot house flowers 'some of you 'Bond ' fans are! 'That was horrendous' and 'Is this really the extent of Lazenby's' acting ? Are you couple of old maids tryng to replace bitchy Maggie Smith in' Downton '? If you don't like this type of American humour how did you ever survive the British TV years of - Blackadder , The Comic strip , French and Saunders at the Movies and closest of all to this The League of Gentlemen. ALL of the James Bond actors have appeared in comedies,Sean Connery - On The Fiddle , A Fine Madness and Wrong Is Right. Roger Moore - Cannonball Run , Boat Trip. Tim Dalton - Hot Fuzz ( as evil supermarket manager) and Daniel Craig dyed his hair black and appeared in a dark comedy about New York yuppies with Liz MCgovern ( Downton )and Rupert Graves ( Sherlock).
  • You know, during that fight scene I realised: with the sets they had, and a few better actors they could have made an 'unofficial' version of the 'TSWLM' novel, skipping the part about Viv's previous relations and just starting with the owners leaving the hotel and leaving her to take care of it. If they had changed enough details they might have gotten away with it, and could have told a far better plotted story.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 9,779
    You know, during that fight scene I realised: with the sets they had, and a few better actors they could have made an 'unofficial' version of the 'TSWLM' novel, skipping the part about Viv's previous relations and just starting with the owners leaving the hotel and leaving her to take care of it. If they had changed enough details they might have gotten away with it, and could have told a far better plotted story.

yes that would be better

this... this is bad just ..... WOW