Maud Adams- AVTAK

edited July 2012 in Actors Posts: 266
First of all apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere else i have looked at old topics on Actors and Bond movies but couldn't find it so i thought i would post this question: I recently watched the special features on the AVTAK DVD and on there Maud Adams says that she was an extra walking in the background on the fish market scene, i was just wondering has anybody actually seen her? because i have been looking at that scene for ages now and i still cant spot her so does she actually appear in the background? Thanks

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lsGJLCDZd1Y/0.jpg

This should do. As you can see, it is very hard to see. But this is Maud with her then boyfriend.
    Hope that answers your question.
    Thanks benny, i am now going to wacth the scene again, now i know exactly where to look.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,182
    I have to say, I'm not 100% convinced that's her. I have to see her clearly with my own eyes.
    I'm waiting for BOND 50 to come out so I can try and identify her on the AVTAK Blu-ray. It should be easier.
    gt007 wrote:
    I have to say, I'm not 100% convinced that's her. I have to see her clearly with my own eyes.
    I'm waiting for BOND 50 to come out so I can try and identify her on the AVTAK Blu-ray. It should be easier.

I think you can see her more clearly when she gets off of the train/bus thingy as Roger is on his way to walk up to the fish stall.
    Saw a recent Yahoo feature of various Bond girls, showing how they looked then and now. Many of the comments were how beautiful Maud looks even today, in her late 60s. I must say that I agree. In TMWTGG, she was gorgeous, beyond words. Underrated, in my view....VERY underrated.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Ellis wrote:
    Saw a recent Yahoo feature of various Bond girls, showing how they looked then and now. Many of the comments were how beautiful Maud looks even today, in her late 60s. I must say that I agree. In TMWTGG, she was gorgeous, beyond words. Underrated, in my view....VERY underrated.

She is a good looking woman, I agree. At one point she guest starred in an episode of That 70s Show. Don't quite understand what she did there but man, she was still a stunner.

• May be in the minority on this one, but I think Maud grew into her looks and got better with age. To me, she was more attractive in Octopussy than TMWTGG.
  • I always liked Adams. She did good as two very different Bond girls.
    She can be seen in two bits from 1985 as stated, she was merely in San Francisco visiting Moore on location. Glen said himself- 'We were shooting at the Fishermans Wharf, and Adams, who is a good friend to us all, decided to visit the set with her boyfriend. I managed to encourage her to become a crowd extra. They walked through in the background'. When Bond is with Chuck Lee you can see her in the background wearing black pants a tan jacket and first appears as Lee says 'During World War II', and exits after Moore says 'With any success?' She can also be seen on one of SF's streetcars as Moore first arrives at Fisherman's Wharf as mentioned above. I prefered Adams in Octopussy rather than Golden Gun
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I thought see looked great in both films. One of the best things about TMWTGG!