How would you like to have Bond 17?

MrBondMrBond Station S
edited July 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,044
If there is already a topic about how we wanted Bond 17 to be. I'm sorry then.
But if not, here can we write down our thoughts of which persons we would like to have in Daltons 3rd movie. And write down the story and which director it should have had.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would have loved it for one. I think the plot would have to be very cheery though, after EON got off LTK just prior to it.
  • Dalton in China like they wanted for LTK would have been good, or maybe something to do with the end of the cold war. I agree with Brady though it would have to be more like TLD than LTK.
  • With Dalton in it is my answer. How the audience would have responded to such things as the high tech storyline with robots in it would have been interesting to note. I'm not sure myself that this aspect would have worked for me. Perhaps this is the cheese that O'Brady mentions. Judging by the details we have here at this site, it would definitely be more like TLD than LTK, but different than both.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ok, for me maybe the following would have been great:

Release date about 1992.

Dalton in China, yes (Great Wall, yes). Then move into europe: Interpol get involved, dash through Germany then finish in Scandinavia including northern lights and plenty of skiing (maybe Norway's fjords; they are spectacular).

Different story than robots, though. End of cold war to figure in is good. I'll have to think of the plot; more on that later.

Directed by Martin Campbell. :)

Main Bond girl: Monica Belucci (unless she would be too young at that time ...)

Espionage, action, more lighthearted than LTK; yet appropriate not OTT humor.
    Dalton could have gone in any direction; he's a darn good actor.

Ally: Jean Reno as Interpol ally (I love him!)

Main villain: Willem Dafoe, Samuel L. Jackson, or even Klaus Kinski. Sadistic villain who oozes slime and power.

Henchman: Ving Rhames If Henchwoman: Ellen Barkin

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    If this movie was going to be released in 91 or 92, do you think GE would have been the same success?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It could have been very good.

on another note, is there any larger versions of this image?

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/movies/non_official/bond_17_1.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    It could have been very good.

on another note, is there any larger versions of this image?

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/movies/non_official/bond_17_1.jpg
    No, but I found a large size for this one:
    JobesBond17.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thank You @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 this is very nice as well. :)

I hope I can find a bigger version of the other one too.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Bond 17 would've been so awesome.

First, obviously Dalton has to be in it. I would've liked the film mostly set in China like it was rumoured, Ireland and Australia could be other locations since I've always said I'd like them in a Bond film.

I'd have liked a mix of TLD and LTK. Something serious and dark along the lines of LTK, but with TLD type light hearted moments mixed in.

Director: John Mctierman. Or Martin Campbell. Either one would've been brilliant.

As for story, eh, maybe ditch the whole robots thing, I'm not sure I would've liked that. I'll try and think of my own story.

Action scenes, the great wall motorbike chase that was rumoured, they'd have to try and top the LTK tanker chase for amazing action packed ending sequences, the chase with the DB5 having one last run before being destroyed would've been cool, and I would've liked some stealth scenes.

Jean Claude Van Damme as the villian maybe? Samuel Jackson could've/could be a great Bond villian too.

And Guns n Roses could've done the theme song. Or Oasis, I'm not fussy. WHY WASN'T THIS FILM MADE! :((
  • What about as a plot line Bond is reinstated as a 00 but must do a mission with an agent to ensure he is in perfect mental order. That agent (Like Sean Bean in GE) is working for the enemy and Bond finds out. The problem is he has politcal ties which makes just killing him difficult.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Great ideas, keep 'em coming!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Bond 17, as it was meant to be would have been fine with me. It's such a great story. I'm glad parts of the plot feature in other films, years later.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/movies/bond17.php3
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    With Dalton, obviously. And I quite like the story that had been outlined, except for the female robot - that could have been changed to a super fit (in both ways) woman, a bit more humour and maybe Shatterhand as a villain - why hasn't that name been used in a Bond movie yet? I think the location would have been excellent and to have had a third Dalton Bond would have been just brilliant.