Mission 3 is Goldfinger

edited July 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 669
It was a hunch I was playing once. But, IMDB has confirmed my expetation for "Goldfinger" adventure to appear in "007 Legends" when they have just cast someone in the role of a soldier under the name "Goldfinger's Soldier". I'm 98% sure that the sequence will feature the battle at Fort Knox, which will be the one properly, unlike a rubbish spin-off video game had ruined the sequence with its science-fiction genre. Just I'll tell you one more thing that "Thunderball" and "Diamonds Are Forever" will be part of the game.

And also, there was one thing wrong, Diana Rigg is still Tracy Draco, and nobody replaced her.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Any link to this?

The next mission should be revealed at the end of the month, so not that long to wait and see if it's Goldfinger or not.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I shouldn't trust IMDb though.
    But if it's true then it is great!
    Goldfinger On her majesties secret service Moonraker hmmm ok Perhaps Licence to Kill and Die Another Day with Skyfall as DLC?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Okay, say this is true, and that we've got GF in the game. We'll also assume that your belief that TB and DAF are also in the game. That means:

1 Moore
    2 Lazenby
    3 Connery
    4 Connery
    5 Connery
    6 Craig

Anybody else catch this?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i wouldn't put it past them to snub Brosnan... but Timmy?? come on now...

even if they didn't do a Brosnan movie, fine alright - give Connery or Moore one extra, and let Daltz get his 1..

ideally, i would like to see (in addition to the 3 we know will be in the game)

Thunderball
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    The Living Daylights

if Brozzers get his 1, then swap out TSWLM with DAD (since thats the only one of his movies to not get a game adaptation)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I'm sure we get a chapter from each Bond. It start to sound obvious that that's the case!
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I expected them to snub Dalton. In a way I'm glad though because I can't picture anybody but him in TLD or LTK.

I think DAD would've been fun to play through, but again, I wouldn't want Craig taking Brosnans place.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    It would make sense for it to be one mission from each Bond era.

But that doesn't rule out other movies being involved. Don't forget there is Multiplayer environments and characters...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We have a thread for this...

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2931/007-legends-announced/p1

Besides, IMDB likes to make spectulations. I don't doubt GF will be there but I believe it's One film per actor.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,399
    I expected them to snub Dalton. In a way I'm glad though because I can't picture anybody but him in TLD or LTK.

I think DAD would've been fun to play through, but again, I wouldn't want Craig taking Brosnans place.

well, its going to happen - we all here know the reason why, it's about licensing and all that nonsense.. the same thing happened with Goldeneye64 when they tried to get all the previous Bond's likenesses in the multiplayer and couldn't.... had this game came out in 2002 or earlier, then it would be Brosnan replacing all of the previous actors - getting a little annoyed that people are slighting Craig over this, like it's his decision...

and actually now that i think about it, Brosnan in GE64 replaced Moore in the two levels dedicated to LALD/TMWTGG and MR.... so this sort of thing has been going on longer than we think lol.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'm not blaming Craig, I never said that. I wouldn't want any Bond replacing Dalton or Brosnan. And I wouldn't want any Bond replacing Craig in CR/QOS either, or Moore, or Connery, or Lazenby, I don't want any Bonds to be replaced.

I know if this was a 2002 game it would be Brosnan, and I'd be equally pissed off, but it's not a 2002 game (and good thing because 2002 is when Nightfire came out and that was awesome), it's a 2012 game and they're using Craig.

The GE 64 levels were more tribute levels, they weren't actually those films. Bond never fought Baron Samedi in the pyramids because he had Scaramangas golden gun. I think they were set after the films they tribute.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, I don't know. I always assumed that first bonus level was set during Moonraker (though I was never sure).
    Well, I don't know. I always assumed that first bonus level was set during Moonraker (though I was never sure).

are you talking about GE64?.. they are two completely different levels that aren't connected.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't trust this news. How unfair to have three Connery missions in there.

Exactly! I mean come on, if there are going to be six missions, and we already know that even Lazenby's mission got a hand in this along with Moore and Craig, then certainly the other three have to be Brosnan, Dalton, and Connery. The Math is there, already done out for us.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:

Exactly! I mean come on, if there are going to be six missions, and we already know that even Lazenby's mission got a hand in this along with Moore and Craig, then certainly the other three have to be Brosnan, Dalton, and Connery. The Math is there, already done out for us.
    IMDb is not reliable, so we will hopefully see this news torn apart soon.
    Of course.
    I would be exceedingly disappointed if Goldfinger really did turn out to be the third revealed mission. That would mean that both it and OHMSS, my two least favorites, took up two spots for other great Bond movies. I'll get the game and enjoy it of course, but wow, that would disappoint me if my two least favorites got the spotlight!
    Goldfinger is so iconic and well known I'd have been more suprised if it wasn't announced eventually. There's a long lasting myth that it's the best Bond film because it was the first one to use the Bond formula.
    Much as I'd rather not have GF in the game, I can't deny its status as a Bond icon. It would also surprise me if it wasn't in the game.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 774
    Would prefer Thunderball over Goldfinger. Has the spy elements, has the battles (both above ground gun fights and fist fights, and the underwater which would be pretty unlike most other games), has the jetpack, has the car chase (expanded, preferably). Could be a lot of fun.
    Yes, it would be, but too many people prefer Goldfinger to Thunderball.

I was thinking about that, the obvious choices from each Bond's tenure would be Goldfinger for Connery, OHMSS for Lazenby (obviously), The Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, The Living Daylights for Dalton, Goldeneye for Brosnan, and Skyfall for Craig (because of when it's released).

However, they picked Moonraker for Moore, and honestly I didn't expect OHMSS to make it in. Plus, Goldeneye has had several releases as a game. From Russia With Love recently had a game made for it as well. So I think Thunderball or You Only Live Twice are more likely choices than Goldfinger in the Connery era, like I think TND is the most likely choice for the Brosnan era.
    OHMSS is in the game.
    OHMSS is in the game.

I know, but when the game was announced I didn't think it would be.
    Volante wrote:

I was thinking about that, the obvious choices from each Bond's tenure would be Goldfinger for Connery, OHMSS for Lazenby (obviously), The Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, The Living Daylights for Dalton, Goldeneye for Brosnan, and Skyfall for Craig (because of when it's released).

However, they picked Moonraker for Moore, and honestly I didn't expect OHMSS to make it in. Plus, Goldeneye has had several releases as a game. From Russia With Love recently had a game made for it as well. So I think Thunderball or You Only Live Twice are more likely choices than Goldfinger in the Connery era, like I think TND is the most likely choice for the Brosnan era.

For the Brosnan era, yes, I think you'd be correct about Tomorrow Never Dies, because it has so many amazing action sequences that could easily make video game material. For Connery, you're right, it'll be either GF, TB, or YOLT. Seeing as how MR and OHMSS have focused on the ending battle as the primary highlight, I'd expect YOLT to get included because of the large-scale volcano battle. Then again, the same can be said with Fort Knox in GF.
    HASEROT wrote:
    i wouldn't put it past them to snub Brosnan... but Timmy?? come on now...

even if they didn't do a Brosnan movie, fine alright - give Connery or Moore one extra, and let Daltz get his 1..

ideally, i would like to see (in addition to the 3 we know will be in the game)

Thunderball
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    The Living Daylights

if Brozzers get his 1, then swap out TSWLM with DAD (since thats the only one of his movies to not get a game adaptation)

Well, DAD will never get a game adaptation, because it was based on several previous Bond films and the virtual reality scene was a homage to the second level in N64's TWINE game.
    HEY NEXT TO MISSIONS ARE LICENSE TO KILL AND DIE ANOTHER DAY SO PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE IN THIS CHAT WAS WRONG...http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/gaming/007-legends-exclusive
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Goldfinger will be next and this thread should be locked anyway.
    u see das trailer?? the link i put??