Why was my question shut down?

edited July 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 3
None of you answered it.

I think that if I was correct in my assumption, there is going to be a firestorm of controversy when the movie comes out. I can easily imagine fistfights ( and worse ) in the theaters.

However, if the 'very important relationship' is about something else, then no big deal.

And before you close my question this time, can you at least answer the first one?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You got shut down because you made an immature argument out of a news report that indicated no such thing. You took a simple villain/hero rivalry into a homophobic rant. And that thread got shut down just like this one will after it. Great start, mate...
    Why should there be any controversy when Skyfall is released, am I missing something here? The biggest issue I had was having Q (return), younger than Bond himself, and that's about it

Fistfights in theaters?.... and worse?

What are you talking about ?!

:-/
    Daniel Craig stated in 2006 that he would like to have Bond in a gay love scene. Again, call me a homophobe, but I believe that the great majority of Bond fans want him to remain straight.

Without revealing the entire plot, I wish someone could explain what Craig meant when he said "There's also the very important relationship he has with the bad guy in the movie, which, again, gives the whole film a richer content"
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Okay, I will do as you ask. You're a homophobe. Clearly you can't wrap your head around "former double oh alongside Bond" or "primary school friends" or "ex-Royal Navy buddies". There's dozens of different "important relationships" that don't involve homosexuality.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    a46v8 wrote:
    None of you answered it.

I think that if I was correct in my assumption, there is going to be a firestorm of controversy when the movie comes out. I can easily imagine fistfights ( and worse ) in the theaters.

However, if the 'very important relationship' is about something else, then no big deal.

And before you close my question this time, can you at least answer the first one?

It was shut down, as will this be in a minute, because the content was utter speculation without even the slightest chance of ending up in a serious discussion. Instead, it would be a thread of spam, bickering and nonsense.

Also, the debate about homosexuality in a Bond film has been had countless times before. Check out our archives, post your thoughts here if needs be, but let's not waste any more space on the subject.
This discussion has been closed.