Sci Fi Fans Out There

edited July 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
Okay you Bondamaniacs, going to change horses now and willing to talk Sci fi.
Can you name some of your favorite shows (or films) and explain why the love, and appeal?
I will stick to TV myself but you feel free to use both big and small screen.

1. STAR TREK (classic and TNG) nuff said
2. BABYLON 5 (1994-99) This little known gem was great. Unlike many shows I must say it never "jumped the shark" and the creator/writers stayed true to the five year arc. Set in the 23rd century it shows a different Earth from the one we see in the Trek world. Earth is a paranoid, xenophoebic society that though advanced and no racial prejudices, the humans seem to have a disdain for people/species not different from themselves. A world where a league of worlds are trying to establish what will be an intergalactic United Nations with 5 (of which Earth is one) charter members set about to co exist with themselves and the lesser players in the galaxy. Earth has some real issues here: The black gloved and feared Psy Corps, the mistrust of humans born and raised on the Martian Colony (Martians). Yet the show delivers on all levels and i recommend it. But be warned you have to watch from the very beginning and follow it to the end (five seasons) You won't be disappointed.
3. SLIDERS (1995-2000) This quirky little show managed to squeeze out 5 seasons during it's run. A simple story of 5 unlikely explorers traveling to parrallel Earths is fun and refuses to take itself seriously in the beginning. The show takes a nosedive in Season 3 and parts of Season 4 but does redeem itself by the fifth and final season. Despite losing 3/4's of its original cast.

I wecome your comments and any shows you may want to nominate.
Also doesn't seem to be much good SCI FI on TV these days. Can anyone recommend anything worth the time?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.