Eric Sykes (1923 - 2012).

MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
edited July 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 13,882
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a391525/eric-sykes-legendary-comedy-tv-star-dies-aged-89.html

Actor/write/director/comedian... a true all round entertainer. He had such a brilliant chemistry with Terry-Thomas in Kill or Cure.

RIP Eric. :(

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Yes agreed. He was a staple of British TV in the 60s and 70s, especially in his Sykes TV show with Hattie Jacques.

A wonderful comic actor
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    He lived to 89, which is a good innings in anyone's book, but he was such a talented, old-school comedian and clearly such a gent along with it that it's hard not to feel it's a sad day indeed on which fate's unkindly taken one of the greats.

RIP, an utter legend...

St_George wrote:
    He lived to 89, which is a good innings in anyone's book, but he was such a talented, old-school comedian and clearly such a gent along with it that it's hard not to feel it's a sad day indeed on which fate's unkindly taken one of the greats.

RIP, an utter legend...

We lose another Tv and Comedy LEGEND. Another very sad day indeed. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

RIP Eric Sykes
  • I love the Plank...a true comedy legend, bless him.
    RIP.