Jubilee James Bond Theme

2»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Enough! this bickering is pointless. This is about the Jubilee James Bond theme, not Eric Serra scoring Tomorrow Never Dies and how it would sound. :-L
    If any more proof were neded that Arnold has run out of creative juice where Bond is concerned then this Jubilee theme is it. I wonder what his Olympics Bond Theme will sound like? Probably exactly the same!!
    bondsum wrote:
    If any more proof were neded that Arnold has run out of creative juice where Bond is concerned then this Jubilee theme is it. I wonder what his Olympics Bond Theme will sound like? Probably exactly the same!!

It's been confirmed that David Arnold is not doing the opening of the Olympics. He's doing the closing.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

It's been confirmed that David Arnold is not doing the opening of the Olympics. He's doing the closing.

So who's doing the Bond Theme for the opening of the Olympics.... is it Underworld?
    bondsum wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

So who's doing the Bond Theme for the opening of the Olympics.... is it Underworld?

You don't know that there will be a Bond theme at the opening.. or Bond.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    OK, I'll bite. What should Arnold done to the theme in 2006?

Each Bond had his signature Bond theme. Connery with guitars, Lazenby with synths, Moore with strings, and Dalton with electronic beat. Serra continued that trend with giving a unique Bond theme with drums for Brosnan. But what has Arnold done ? Guitars, guitars and guitars. He has factually failed to give Craig his signature Bond theme, since he only gave him the Vic Flick guitar already used in TWINE.

No matter how much you love Arnold, you have to admit he is a hack at versality, and completly failed in the Bond theme department. There are hundreds of existing arguments, how hard could it have been for Arnold to pick only *one* of them instead of the already used Vic Flick guitar ? As it stands, the CR end credits Bond theme is a catastrophe, an infamy.

Brosnan's signature theme would be the electronic version he gave to him at the end of TWINE to me. Barry didn't always use the electronic beat for Dalton, so I wouldn't call it signature.

But to be fair, how many different ways can you possibly orchestrate it without it becoming...I dunno, warped? I don't want to hear a dubstep version of the Bond theme, it makes it less identifiable.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    You don't know that there will be a Bond theme at the opening.. or Bond.
    Daniel Craig will be making a big James Bond ‘Skyfall‘ entrace by arriving on a helicopter rope ladder with his theme song playing loudly.

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/daniel-craig-james-bond-london-olympics-stunt-filming-begins-for-danny-boyle/

Let's just assume this is true...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,691
    Brosnan's signature theme would be the electronic version he gave to him at the end of TWINE to me.

that version features a guitar, which was already the signature theme for Connery, so it doesn't count.
    But to be fair, how many different ways can you possibly orchestrate it without it becoming...I dunno, warped? I don't want to hear a dubstep version of the Bond theme, it makes it less identifiable.

well there are several hundreds of instruments in the world.... do you really think Arnold was running dry on possible instruments to use ? if he couldn't come up with a different instrument than his unoriginal vic flick guitar, then he is a hack. we've had guitars, synths, strings and drums... is that all the instruments that Arnold knows ? what a complete incompetent Arnold is......
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I know I'm probably alone but one of, if not my very, favourite Bond theme versions is the GE one, I love the drum beat.