Any news about...

edited June 2012 in News Posts: 127
Any news about Q yet?

Comments

• edited June 2012 Posts: 7,653
    He is supposed to be quite Q'ute. O:-)
  • I hope the news is about "B", or Major Boothroyd. No one but Desmond Llewellyn deserves the title of "Q". Just my honest opinion.
    Haha yeah so i hear haha
    I hope the news is about "B", or Major Boothroyd. No one but Desmond Llewellyn deserves the title of "Q". Just my honest opinion.

Agreed

I hope the news is about "B", or Major Boothroyd. No one but Desmond Llewellyn deserves the title of "Q". Just my honest opinion.

John Cleese had it and he did great. I think calling him B is stupid. Yes Desmond was the best but the character has always been known as Q, and I don't see any reason to change that.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 3,494

John Cleese had it and he did great. I think calling him B is stupid. Yes Desmond was the best but the character has always been known as Q, and I don't see any reason to change that.

I remember Pierce referring to Cleese as "R" so no, he wasn't called "Q", he was just part of the Q branch staff.

I remember Pierce referring to Cleese as "R" so no, he wasn't called "Q", he was just part of the Q branch staff.

Somebody hasn't seen DAD in a while ;)

He was R in TWINE, when Desmond was still there. In DAD he was Q, I suppose he got promoted.
  • I'll give you that, will have to pop it in to see the Cleese scenes. Would still disagree with calling Whishaw "Q", at the very least until he's thoroughly earned it.
    I wish they'd bought Cleese back, I thought he was great. I don't like the sound of a younger Q.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Somebody hasn't seen DAD in a while ;)

He was R in TWINE, when Desmond was still there. In DAD he was Q, I suppose he got promoted.

At first Pierce calls him "Quartermaster" but near the end he finaly calls him "Q".